• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installation Question

rjssigns

Wondering if VHB or VHB and Lexel will hold 15" x 48" panels to the trailer railing?
Hate to punch holes in a brand new rig but don't want them sent "air freight" when on the road either.

Otherwise it's 3/16 rivets or Tek screws.

Attachments

• IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 326

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Both. Just screws will deform and may tear. That's a lot of air behind that rail.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They look like rather hefty cross pieces. I doubt rjs would go through and out the other side.........

equippaint

I wouldnt trust regular rivets or tek screws. 1/4” steel monobolts at least or through bolt it and have structural panel adhesive behind either one. Thats a lot of force and could easily kill someone if it were to come loose or tear off going down the road.

rjssigns

I wouldnt trust regular rivets or tek screws. 1/4” steel monobolts at least or through bolt it and have structural panel adhesive behind either one. Thats a lot of force and could easily kill someone if it were to come loose or tear off going down the road.

Rivets are not normal hardware store type. They are used to attach stock car panels and have 5/8" diameter heads. Will also run a bead of Lexel around perimeter as suggested by Billct2.