• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installed a new sign

piccadillysigns

Piccadilly Signs first posting (please be gentle).

All our signs are hand made with routers and chisels.
We use 18lbs HDU from Coastal enterprises.
Piccadillysigns.com

Attachments

• IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2870.jpg
    IMG_2870.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2851.jpg
    IMG_2851.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2852.jpg
    IMG_2852.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 96

piccadillysigns

Thank you for the responses, Ken, we used metal pins and PLL construction adhesive the very small rocks are Epoxy Sculpt. The rocks are 18lb HDU. We did a lot of testing with different adhesives, and we found the PLL was the most user friendly and very strong.

Mosh

Looks like crap from the back, the front looks good. Use the same craftsmanship that you did on the front for the back and .....

TwoNine

Well - I think it looks AWESOME, AWESOME! Is all that detail (Rocks / Bird) undercut for dimension? Amazing work.....

(Have to agree with Mosh a LITTLE bit - Could have done without the L-Brackets...Sorry....) I think I may have screwed the MDO backer to the posts, then glued the HDU to the MDO.....But that's just me....Looks Fantastic though!

Craig Sjoquist

This really looks nice, ya put in alot of good effort giving it a unique image.

Agrees with Mosh the back & hardware should be painted to harmonize with the wood.

kylebrk

It looks great. Wow Mosh. It doesn't look like crap from the back. It just looks like 100% function and 0% form. I would be 100% fine with this.

piccadillysigns

Agreed

Thanks again for all the comments, yes we tend to agree with the comment about the back of the sign. The posts are going to be painted at a later date to match the colour of the sign. Here in Winnipeg, Manitoba the cold weather plays a big part of some installations. The post were in the ground before the sign was installed and the client will be painting their own posts on this one, as for the brackets, yes we should have painted to finish the look. The cold also stops us from gluing substrates on site, but again thanks for all the tips and advice, being a very new sign company any advice helps.

Paul

TwoNine

Well - Great job no matter......Lil hint for next time (I used to install in Alaska for a long time) - VHB to help the adhesive set during the cold.....

But still...GREAT looking sign!!!

-Chad