• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Installing Print Head Mutoh 1204

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Out of all of the machines I work on (all Mutoh, Mimaki and Roland models) the ValueJet series heads are the easiest to install. I have many customers who have successfully installed their own heads. Find a tech manual for that model and read the install procedure to see how comfortable you would be with it. I am not allowed to give you one legally but it is easy to find around here.

TIPS:

- Turn off the machine, unplug it and then hit the power button a few times before working on any part of the machine.
- Replace the dampers with the new head
- Replace the head cable if it is damaged or dirty
- Wet the manifold with cleaning solution before installing the dampers to prevent breakage
- Run all of the alignments. There seem to be a lot but if you do all of them, it saves you a headache later.
- Once the head is out, clean up all of the excess ink that builds up around the head area.
- Be patient, stay calm, and take a break if you get frustrated. Most mistakes happen from being too quick or trying to force something that you might be struggling with.

Signchief

There are a videos on youtube showing it being done, there are few videos for mutoh but the Dx5 was also used on Epson printers so there are many more videos under Epson Dx5 Printhead their might be different set-ups with the dampers etc. but the manifold and printhead are the same assembly.

wayne6251

Out of all of the machines I work on (all Mutoh, Mimaki and Roland models) the ValueJet series heads are the easiest to install. I have many customers who have successfully installed their own heads. Find a tech manual for that model and read the install procedure to see how comfortable you would be with it. I am not allowed to give you one legally but it is easy to find around here.

TIPS:

- Turn off the machine, unplug it and then hit the power button a few times before working on any part of the machine.
- Replace the dampers with the new head
- Replace the head cable if it is damaged or dirty
- Wet the manifold with cleaning solution before installing the dampers to prevent breakage
- Run all of the alignments. There seem to be a lot but if you do all of them, it saves you a headache later.
- Once the head is out, clean up all of the excess ink that builds up around the head area.
- Be patient, stay calm, and take a break if you get frustrated. Most mistakes happen from being too quick or trying to force something that you might be struggling with.
Thanks

wayne6251

There are a videos on youtube showing it being done, there are few videos for mutoh but the Dx5 was also used on Epson printers so there are many more videos under Epson Dx5 Printhead their might be different set-ups with the dampers etc. but the manifold and printhead are the same assembly.
Thanks for the information

Signchief

The most important thing is to be careful, like j said. If you can do it when you're closed you should. The cable coming from the top slot on the head goes in the slot closest to the back of the printer. I was so focused on the way the cables were folded but i wish i would have focused more on which cables plugged in where cuz i fried a new head by focusing on how the cables looked and not on where they should go.