• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing solo on a trailer wrap tommrow

datoshway

Any tips for single handing a trailer wrap tommrow? 2nd installer can't make it and i'm alone on this 24 footer. My ideas is to use a nice heavy tube and just use that to weigh the vinyl down and just work top to bottom

CanuckSigns

Tube might work but extra hands is always good.
See if you can get anyone to just hold it.

Unless you do wraps all the time, a second set of hands is a godsend. There must be someone you know that would be willing to help you out for some cash money, an older friend who is retired, someone between jobs anything really, it's not exactly difficult work to be a second set of hands holding vinyl.

the tube idea might work, but a second set of hands is better

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Are you working inside or outside?
Standard 52" vertical panels?
Should go smooth solo if you are out of the wind.
No need for the tube.
Tape up the first one and fold back the top 4-6" inches of backer and nail it down
Pull the liner down a foot or two and work the material down using the roll of the liner to keep the material off the panel. Just a little bit of downward tension with your free hand past the liner roll should keep the material tight and straight.
After the second panel it will be a piece of cake.

wayne k
guam usa

Craig Sjoquist

You did not give much info.

Have fun with the rivets, is there alot ? do you have a rivet tool of any sort ?

If you not done this before alone, have done this while helping others ?

What are using to clean the surface, make sure every seam, rivet, indent & flat surface is cleaned well... What are you using to clean with ?

Lets see pictures before, after & close ups & tell us how it went.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Shouldn't be a problem. I've done a few of of them solo. Line it up peel back top 4-6" get that on. Then just work nice and slow and steady down the panels. After the first 2 you will get into a rythem. If you need help get anybody you know. A friend, a friends friend. Any second set of hands will work.

Border

Are you working inside or outside?
Standard 52" vertical panels?
Should go smooth solo if you are out of the wind.
No need for the tube.
Tape up the first one and fold back the top 4-6" inches of backer and nail it down
Pull the liner down a foot or two and work the material down using the roll of the liner to keep the material off the panel. Just a little bit of downward tension with your free hand past the liner roll should keep the material tight and straight.
After the second panel it will be a piece of cake.

wayne k
guam usa

exactly. this.

piece of cake!