• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Substance X1 on an ATV?

StephieDude

Howdy-do!

Has anyone here ever used Substance X1 to wrap an ATV? I've never used it before, but saw it recommend here so I bought some to use on a Polaris wrap. The only information I could find on their website was to apply it dry....and Youtube had zilch for installing this specific material.

I'll be putting 94 primer in the concaved areas. Can I stretch the material and heat to work the vinyl down in the caved areas, or does the material not like that? o_O

Howdy-do!

Has anyone here ever used Substance X1 to wrap an ATV? I've never used it before, but saw it recommend here so I bought some to use on a Polaris wrap. The only information I could find on their website was to apply it dry....and Youtube had zilch for installing this specific material.

I'll be putting 94 primer in the concaved areas. Can I stretch the material and heat to work the vinyl down in the caved areas, or does the material not like that? o_O

We use the X1 for our dirt bike & snowmobile "wraps". Which really they are pre-cut pieces that looks like a full wrap. With the air-escape vinyl they only want you to apply it dry. I take it you are using the Ultracurve 1000 or 1500 lam.? Its pretty thick laminate to be actually trying to fully wrap a ATV. We hand template our sleds wrap to the contour of the body. Its really the only way to wrap a dirtbike or atv with low energy plastic and having to use a sticky vinyl to make sure it holds. The vinyl can be heated and stretched a little bit but in con caved areas It probably won't hold the best.

Attachments

• skido.jpg
    skido.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 256