• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing used ink in Roland?

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Roland 300 - have always inserted 4 brand new inks and always have used official Roland ink. I have been printing more black and magenta my last two rounds - which has subsequently left me with partially used cyan and yellow.

Can I continue to leave the cyan and yellow and insert a new black and magenta? I don't like being off course per se - however there is a significant amount of ink left in the cyan and yellow and seems like a big waste.

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Sounds great - thanks guys. So when the job stops and beeps - just install the ones that are empty and it will resume the job where it left off?

I have a cyan and yellow cartridge that are both about 1/3 full and were taken out the last time I replaced all 4 - are those 1/3 full cartridges ok to reinsert?

Thanks!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
If you're running a new enough version of Versaworks (ie. last 2 years or so), it will tell you if there isn't enough ink left to complete the job so you can replace it before the job starts.