• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Instant One Media

rjssigns

Anyone try their new cast material? Was thinking about giving it a whirl, but would like some feedback. Nothing worse than doing a job twice because of material failure.

Christian @ 2CT Media

On roll 6, I love it. Easy to install and great price... I'm thinking i'm going to only order the cast instead of the original calendared moving forward, the cost difference to benefit is tremendous. You just can't beat the price to performance.

I hope they get their lam in soon, I want to try it.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Always liked their vinyl but stopped ordering it because rolls kept arriving damaged through UPS.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It is repositionable, so far we haven't lost any adhesive when popping off surfaces... But its also been cooler.

It is not slideable like 3M, the initial adhesion is comparable to oracal which is pretty aggressive but not as aggressive as ARLON.

The do have a cast lam on its way to them and personally I can't wait to try it. Don has been awesome to work with and we are truly impressed with their products and pricing.

As to the damaged rolls... Every roll we get has the end caps broken as they are cheap unlike the 3M or Oracal ones, and when the vinyl itself is damaged its typically the first 2' and we have found most rolls are longer then 150'

rjssigns

Good info so far. I'll wait until they have the laminate though.

One thing I wonder about is overall durability. Our shop does outdoor signage and the usual car and van lettering.

But the shop we print for is all over the map. Tractors, trailers, crane booms, ambulances etc... Like Forrest said: "Ya never know what yer gonna get".

Christian @ 2CT Media

We are wrapping a fleet of ticket boxes, I will post pics and info once the job is complete to give you the full impression of the product. These are going to be wrapped outdoors and onsite so it will be a great test of the product. We are currently using 3M 8518 Gloss as the lam.

TDFcustomSL

Always liked their vinyl but stopped ordering it because rolls kept arriving damaged through UPS.

I just recieved my first roll two days ago damaged. The end caps were destroyed and both ends of the vinyl were smashed. I think its an issue on the shipping side. The customer service is amazing with IOM tho. Just shipped out another roll with FedEx this time, so im curious to see that condition of this one when it arrives.

rjssigns

I just recieved my first roll two days ago damaged. The end caps were destroyed and both ends of the vinyl were smashed. I think its an issue on the shipping side. The customer service is amazing with IOM tho. Just shipped out another roll with FedEx this time, so im curious to see that condition of this one when it arrives.

Ooof. Makes me not want to order anything. Just curious if you've been telling IOM about the damage? Seems quite simple to put better end caps on to avoid this issue.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Honestly on the end cap thing... we have gone through 15+ rolls from them with the end caps broken and we haven't "lost" any valuable material. Would it be nice to not have to deal with shard of plastic, yes... is it a deal breaker, for us no. I think the problem is just their factory uses crappy roll holders.

TimToad

I got one of their sample sized rolls and did not like the "One Media" material at all. Its a dingy, almost purple grey, not a nice clean white like I would expect. As soon I would load it onto our Roland and put the rollers down, it would pucker up and separate from the liner.

I'd love to save money on media for lower priced jobs, but this material doesn't fit the bill if things don't look right because of the off color and the bumps in the material cause head strikes.

Thrown in the potential for chronic shipping damage and I'll pass.

Dennis422

I bought a roll of their calendered vinyl and I did not like the result initially. But now, i believe that was my fault because i'm still learning my printer. I have HP L25500 that I bought used and still messing with the settings. I should be printing another piece this weekend to try to contour cut.
The first try failed because of too much heat from the printer and vinyl got distorted from it.
I would love to try the cast one too, that kind of saving could make me use it for everything.

I bought a roll of their calendered vinyl and I did not like the result initially. But now, i believe that was my fault because i'm still learning my printer. I have HP L25500 that I bought used and still messing with the settings. I should be printing another piece this weekend to try to contour cut.
The first try failed because of too much heat from the printer and vinyl got distorted from it.
I would love to try the cast one too, that kind of saving could make me use it for everything.

Go low to high not high to low on your temp settings.

Johnmpcny

just did

Just got our first roll, no lam yet that is next order

Really like it, and will be our main product now. The old non cast rolls the last year have been nice and white. The end caps suck and about 75% are crushed but very little to no loss of product.

Service is top notch.

I keep hearing what about product warranty. They will replace it if bad. I have yet to have anyone tell me they had a good result getting any of the big guys to fully cover time and costs of an install when making a claim. So really what good is paying extra for a warranty you can collect little more than replacement product of with out months of hassles.