• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Intel Motherboard HP Scitex FB500 Firmware

chirrp_sam

Hello everyone,

I just took delivery of a used HP Scitex FB500 with an Intel motherboard and an IDE HDD with firmware version "KA B.03.06-r573". The newest firmware on HPs website is not compatible with my machine. I was wondering if anyone one here has a newer firmware version kicking around that is compatible with our machine? Or if there is a way to search for old firmware versions on HP's website that I am missing?

Thanks,
Sam

Alex Stevenson

Hi Sam, we've got the same issue with the intel motherboard, so the last version you can use on it is KA B.03.06.
If you do try and go a newer firmware it will cause all sorts of problems as it tries to update the bios on the internal pc.
We've had numerous engineers tell us this and I wouldn't want to risk it.

netsol

it's kind of interesting. when carly fiorina was ceo of hewlet packard, she managed the decline of many of the divisions

the decision was made that hp could not afford to own the rights to any of their own drivers, so these were purchased by outside companines

we had numerous issues with hp enterprise servers. they end up only having one way to distribute updates, whether it is by mailing you a disk, sending a link for registered owners to sign in, etc

it is almost always worth the rather tedious task of calling (quite an exercise in patience) emailing, or whatever form of contact they allow. you can make a request, and they MAY be able to help you. i am not sure if you can register the product to you, as a second owner (we do this all the time with roland

it may be worth it for you to start a paid support session, if that is available.