• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interesting Observation - Window Perf

speedmedia

Hey All,
Just got back from a weekend in Nashville and noticed something while we where on a tour of RCA Studio B.

The bus we took had window perf. Not one person on the bus didn't complain about the fact that they couldn't take pictures of places and things we where passing due to the perf. The job itself was bad and it appeared to be laminated. It was optically clear as you could see through it it just seemed to be smaller holes that normal.

For this reason I try to not include the windows into a wrap unless I absolutely have to. I don't like the stuff, it never seems to last long and normally prints like crap for me anyways...

What do you all think?

FYI - If the wrap on the bus didn't utilize the windows it wouldn't have worked at all. I know if is a must in many cases. Does anyone else try to avoid it if they can?

Thanks,
Kurt

HeavyHitter

Depends on the wrap. For cars where the wrap is a graphic only I don't see a purpose for perf. For advertising vehicles the window space is advertising space and has value. I think it comes down to the design, the message, and if the customer wants to take advantage of the space. Just my opinion. I am sure others have a different take on it.

Dan

mark in tx

Was probably 50/50 perf.
There are different types available with larger holes.

And yes, someone didn't think through the concept of tourists wanting to take pictures.

Printhead

I know of 40% perforated and 60% perforated. Personally I don't like this stuff at all. It's often troubles to print and look faded out on the vehicle, and it can be dizzying to look at from the inside. So yeah, if you can avoid it that will probably be better, but some customers just want it, want can you do?