• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Intermittent power? Gerber Embosstrack

bouncer

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? I have an old but very trusty Gerber Embosstrack which works perfectly when it turns on? I can turn it on one day and cut my jobs, turn it back off, then if i go to restart the plotter it won't power back on? If i try the next day it might and it might not but eventually it will power back up, any ideas?
I have had the power supply out and give it a check (no dry solder joints)

Regards

AKwrapguy

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? I have an old but very trusty Gerber Embosstrack which works perfectly when it turns on? I can turn it on one day and cut my jobs, turn it back off, then if i go to restart the plotter it won't power back on? If i try the next day it might and it might not but eventually it will power back up, any ideas?
I have had the power supply out and give it a check (no dry solder joints)

Regards

Check the whole process. The switch, the power cord and where it connects into both the power supply and the surge protector, the surge protector might have also gone bad.

bouncer

Check the whole process. The switch, the power cord and where it connects into both the power supply and the surge protector, the surge protector might have also gone bad.

Hi, thanks for the replies, i have put a tester to the fuse on the power board and when switching on/off the fuse lights the tester up everytime so i would think that rules out the switch and the power cable, any other ideas?

Regards