• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Internet Browser

Jean Shimp

I've been using Internet Explorer forever. Lately whenever I upload a file to Signs365 it fails to upload. They are saying I need to switch browsers. Any opinions on which browser to use - will I lose all my cookies if I switch browsers?

pjfmeister

We use chrome and for the first time last week I had a file that Ihad to upload 3-4 times before I finally got it to work... When I shortened the file name it finally worked...maybe a coincidence dunno for sure

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
What version do you use? If it's an older one, it may no longer be supported. Just a thought.

MikePro

the only purpose for internet explorer, is to download & install google chrome.

firefox used to be my go-to, but they sold out to yahoo and now anything you do via firefox redirects through yahoo search engines...even if you designate google has your homepage and default search engine, it will ALWAYS reset itself to yahoo's garbage redirects.

Opera. Also you can easily setup a VPN through the browser to help protect your anonymity as the laws change about your privacy. I don't think any other browsers offer this capability free.

WildWestDesigns

the only purpose for internet explorer, is to download & install google chrome.

firefox used to be my go-to, but they sold out to yahoo and now anything you do via firefox redirects through yahoo search engines...even if you designate google has your homepage and default search engine, it will ALWAYS reset itself to yahoo's garbage redirects.

I still use FF. I've never had it reset to Yahoo. Now granted, I am running the Linux version, but that shouldn't be a factor, but one difference that I thought I should still mention.

One that is lightweight that you might want to look at is Midori. For Windows it also has a portable version, so you don't have to install it, just click the exe file and it runs. I like versions of programs like that. I have a digitizing software package that's portable written in the Win 98 days, but because it's portable it will run flawlessly on Win 10.

Considering our ISPs are essentially Google now, as far as privacy goes, not much can do. Especially with the browsers listed here. Even with their privacy features, it will only get you so far.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Are you using the latest version of IE? That would be the only reason that you could not upload a file here.

I've been using Internet Explorer forever. Lately whenever I upload a file to Signs365 it fails to upload. They are saying I need to switch browsers. Any opinions on which browser to use - will I lose all my cookies if I switch browsers?

visual800

Opera for me! I loved Firefox when it first came out but then it changed and started to suck like IE. Not problem loading any websites on it. I do not like anything google, never had the chrome installed

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Epic if you want more privacy than normal or regular Chrome for everyday use. Adblock addon is nice but a lot of sites who rely on ad revenue detect ad blockers and complain or even block you from seeing any content until you disable the ad blocker.

ikarasu

Chrome. If you don't want to be tied into Google ... Get chromium. It's the open source chrome that was designed to not be google integrated.

You will lose all your cookies... So you'll have to resign in to your websites.

Update Ie, and you'll be fine using it with this site, if that's what you prefer to use.

OldPaint

IE HAS SUCKED FOR A LONG TIME......only use it if i have to......
FIRE FOX...........VERY STABLE........MINE STILL OPENS TO google.......
OPERA..........MY GO TO EVERY TIME. quick simple and never hangs up.
same goes for E-MAIL SERVER,
WINDOWS E-MAIL SUCKS....
THUNDERBIRD...... works flawless-lee.

shoresigns

Browse Freely
Chrome Browser Features

Chrome can easily import your bookmarks, history and saved passwords from Internet Explorer. Why do you need to import cookies? The only downside of losing your cookies is usually that you have to log in to websites that keep you logged in, and you can re-log in easily with your saved passwords.

kheebl

I use Firefox about 99% of the time. Only time I use chrome is when I am trying to do something and Firefox isn't working for some reason.