• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interviewing

Sticky Signs

I've been pretty much a one man show since starting up my business. I hire a few different installers for certain projects. Usually because I don't have the time to do them myself. This usually works out however it can be expensive. Plus, whenever I'm away from the shop, it means my printer is not working.
I've put out an add looking for an installer willing to work on an "as needed" basis. I've gotten lots of response and I've think I've found 4 good candidates. I'll be interviewing them soon.
I do have a list of questions that I'm going to ask however, I've never really interviewed anyone before so I'm wondering if there are certain questions/topics I'm forgetting. Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Craig Sjoquist

since you have narrowed it down to 4 wow quick ...assumes they have installed before or capable
Safety
trust
timely

that would be my main conserns

Dice

"What do you do in your spare time"

This is always my favorite question. Everyone answers it and normally they tell you way more than you need and you really learn a lot about the person.

Also if they say, "Ya i go down to the gun range a lot, I like to shoot guns." Might want to stay away.

ABPGraphics

Will you ALWAYS answer the phone when I call???????

- I have had some good installers in the past......but a reaccuring theme has been they are very difficult to get ahold of when they are busy with other stuff

vid

Ask a math question involving fractions... to determine if they can read a tape measure --- or center something in the space available.

Then watch how they figure it out.

Marlene

Ask a math question involving fractions... to determine if they can read a tape measure --- or center something in the space available.

Then watch how they figure it out.

that's a good one as it will give you a chance to see them problem solve and know if they can read a tape. you would be suprised how many can't do either.

Big Blue

Might be a good idea to see if the have a face book account, good way to see what people are up to.

some great suggestions.

i would definitely create a test of some sort with the purpose of them proving their ability to accurately read a tape measure..it amazes me how many ppl are incapable of this.

Mosh

Also if they say, "Ya i go down to the gun range a lot, I like to shoot guns." Might want to stay away.

At least they go to a range to shoot, not just off their deck, at night.

Get references and check those out for sure.