• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

invoicing, estimates and customer list software

Colorburst

I'm interested in what others are using for invoicing software. I've been using an old program on an old computer. The computer is dying and the software is not compatible with the new computer. So I'm looking for a new invoicing software program. Any suggestions? I'm a smaller one person shop so I do not need to have multiple people schedule and coordinate on jobs.
Thanks

Color Spot North

I've used:
Estimate
SignVox
Cyrious
Quickbooks

All depends on your size, how much time you really will spend in the software, and what your goals are.

Research each and what they offer and see which aligns best with your personal goals.

1-800 LED SIGNS

We use Xin Invoice Its simple to use and only 50 bucks. it Saves time to generate more sale rather than spending a lot of time preparing quotations and invoices. For a small shop looking to do quick invoicing, I totally recommend it.

1-800 LED SIGNS

We also started doing a lot of other type of signage locally besides Programmable Led Signs and we are using estimate Sign pricing software now too if you have the funds its decent stuff . Here is the website for it http://www.estimatesoftware.com/
We use Xin Invoice Its simple to use and only 50 bucks. it Saves time to generate more sale rather than spending a lot of time preparing quotations and invoices. For a small shop looking to do quick invoicing, I totally recommend it.

HonosCorp

Try a demo of Honos Corp Workflow Software

Get your business automated, without all the extra emails, phone calls and chasing your customers down.....

The Honos Corp P3 Workflow Software was developed for the industry by people in the industry......
Get a free demo to run around in and test it out...
From start to finish every step from customer ordering, customer proofing, quoting, invoicing, to status changes, customer payments & way more....
Everything is integrated in to the software!
We eliminate over half of the run around and get your business streamlined so you can be efficient and make more money!

Adam
HonosCorp.com

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Been using QuickBooks for quite a long time and have updated every 3 or 4 years as they demand... to stay in the loop.

No matter what you get, it's a write-off, so you might as well get something you feel comfortable with using.

For us, QuickBook does excellent quotes, invoices, tracking, checking, quick finds of anything, taxes, customer lists, job lists and many many other lists. It handles credit cards, payroll, complete backups and it can send via fax, e-mail or to your printer with one click. You can customize it or use it as is. I think most people use it as is and it works great. For me, I've customized our quoting end of things and it serves us great. I still do some larger quotes with pencil and paper to do some of the major figuring, but then inputting the information into QuickBooks is a breeze and can look so professional.

Regardless of what you get, try them or ask the people if there is some sort of trial system. This way, you can tell what you might be getting into. You can also see, usually on line, what's possible with the various programs and that way you can also see if you like the end appearance. I would venture to say, no matter what you get, it will work, so the size of your shop only dictates what your needs are this moment. So, make sure you pick one that will grow with you or you can grow into. For us, it was hands down.... QuickBooks, as none of these others were around back then..... other than Peachtree which really was a nightmare, but that was before computers had hard drives and we had to work on 'A' & 'B' floppy drives......:frustrated:

As a one man shop, I'm really happy with quickbooks online. It's like $8 a month, does all my banking, estimates, customer lists and invoicing. The nice perk is the online bill pay option. Customer gets the invoice emailed and they can securely enter a CC for payment, QB does not charge me any fees for this. 100% of that cc transaction is in my bank account the next day. You can also see when a customer reviews their invoice, which is nice. There's an app for your phone where you can pull up invoices, email receipts, etc. from your phone which is great when you are on the road. Makes a small shop more efficient.