• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ioline Classic 24 HELP PLEASE

BROWNDOG

While moving our shop recently we disconnected all of the hardware, drove it a mile up the road and set it back up in the new location. Now our Ioline Classic Cutter will no longer communicate with the computer running Flexi-Sign 7.6. When you turn on the cutter and move the blade into place everything seems fine. It's when you hit start point (and the LED is supposed to turn green) that we find the problem. The LED is blinking, alternating between red and green. It will move when you select "test print" in the Production Manager set-up, so I believe the port is correct.

The manual says its a syntax error and the wrong driver may be selected. I've tried changing settings but cannot find anywhere to select a driver.

The plotter will behave in this manner even when Flexi is closed. Can anybody please tell me how to fix this problem or even what caused it? It's connected to the same computer in the same manner. Nothing has been altered except the location.

BROWNDOG

Bump, I know its something stupid i'm going to kick my self when someone tells me what it is, i read the entire manuel last nite,(first time in years)...still coming up clueless

onesmf

Sometimes a uninstall/install erases all of your problems. You, like me, may not be a computer wizard, so I usually go for the simple, quick solution. I encountered a similar circumstance when my computer contracted a virus. Simply re-installing my programs erased any problems. Obviously, make sure you install all the drivers that are required.

SignPainter

According to my Ioline trouble shooting section in the manual the language is not setup correctly. If Flexi has the drivers for HP select the HPGL or HPGL standard absolute driver if no Ioline drivers are there, It's works on my classic. Here's the language the classic works with. HP-7475, HP-7596, OR DM/PL. Look for a driver that has one of the three languages and it may work. Hope this helps.
I run signlab. If I remember right in Flexi select something to cut then hit cut, another window should pop up to send it to the cutter. Somewhere in that window "I think" is where you change the settings and the driver.

Jim Jarriel

It sounds like the driver might have been changed in production manager to something other than the Classic driver. Check your production manager to make sure the driver is still Ioline Classic on COMX. Another way to check the plotter is to download the Ioline Control Center from our website to see if the control center software will see the machine.

http://ioline.com/support/generic/wscc_460.exe

If you need more help call me at Ioline Technical Support, 425-398-8282 X241