• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ioline Plotter Problem

3Dsigns

I have an ioline "Classic 24" plotter which sometimes fails to complete jobs. It will cut halfway through the job, stop in the middle with a blinking red light. I can press the "start/stop" button and it will begin plotting again, but them usually stops just before the job is finished. I know the plotter is an older one but it still cuts tight and clean, even after cutting tons of sandblast stencil. Is this a "cache" problem? The last two Ioline techs I have spoken with don't seem to know.

JERHEMI

That was my very first plotter and 14 years later it still gets used everyday to cut vinyl! It’s been a real workhorse with zero issues whatsoever! Sounds like a cache issue. When you plot, can you see that it sends all the data to the plotter or does it get hung up or send it spiratically? If all the data gets sent, then I’d say it’s an issue with the plotter. If all the data doesn’t get sent, then I’d say it’s an with your computer or the Ioline driver or settings software. Maybe your data cable that connects the plotter to the computer is pinched, bent or went bad and needs to be replaced?