• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ioline studio 8 problem

advisionsigns

Hi I"m having a problem getting my Ioline studio 8 to work in Vista. I didnt have a serial port so I am using a serial to usb converter. I have tried the control center and also just installing it into Signlab 7. The usb converter installed properly it seems but im not sure how I would be able to know. It says the usb is on COM4.
Thanks

RJ TECH1

Printer Singing Lessons + Flexi Undergraduate 2001
If you are using a Keyspan USB to Serial adaptor the light on the adaptor will be on a slow flash when installed correctly. Then when data is being delivered through the device, the light will blink rapidly. If this is not happening you have either driver issues for the adaptor or have selected the wrong output port in SignLAB. If the light is blinking rapidly when you send a job out, most likely you have a bad Serial Cable. Where did you get your Serial cable? The Ioline must have a pinout configuration like this.

1-4
2-2
3-3
4-5+6
5-7
6+8-20
7-8
G-G

This can be checked with a volt meter and some paper clips.

GL!!!

advisionsigns

Thank you very much for supplying that pinout schematic. I checked the cable and it is correct. Turns out the communications chip is probably the culprit. Gonna have to call up ioline again and see what they say. Supposedly the chip is an easy replacement. Again thank you made things much easier.

alanrt1

Check your Ioline documentation. You may be required to ad a control string to the autoexec.bat file. Also, you may need to set the comm port to comm port 2.
Alan

Jim Jarriel

To see if you USB to serial adapter is installed properly open control panel, then click on device manager. If the USB adapter driver were installed properly the device should show up under Port (COM & LPT) EX: USB to Serial Adapter (COM3). If it comes up with a question mark labeled as Other Devices, then the adapter was not installed properly with the correct drivers.

Jim Jarriel
Ioline Technical Support