• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ios5 and iCloud... DANGER AWAITS.

John L

I just blew half of my weekend recovering from my attempt at updating my iPad and iPhone to ios5 and the iCloud service.

D/L went smooth, update just as smooth... until I realized it deleted all of my emails in or out of the iPhone. i had saved backups and BCC's of most everything on my desktop so I somewhat recovered from that. Then iCloud syncs Outlook entries to/from iPad and to/from the desktop, but only to the iPhone... nothing from it at all.

Upon the start of my "give up and remove" process I discover that iCloud previously deleted my Outlook Calendar and made another one named Icloud Calendar. I reloaded a previously exported calendar and also somewhat saved that.

Searching online turned up not much else but others bitching about the same issues and even more.

I've now disabled the iCloud crap from all above but it was a fiasco. I bitch.. I mean post here not really for assistance but more as a warning to others.

I'm out of here for a while... peace.

iSign

I bitch.. I mean post here not really for assistance but more as a warning

iBitch :biggrin:

Sorry for your troubles... I'm sure I'd lay down a serious r rated rant in your shoes... had to see humor anyway... have a better day!

Last edited:
J

john1

I don't even understand what iCloud is even after reading about it. I'm not using it on my 4S but Siri....yes that is what i am using a lot of and i love it!

Sticker Dude

icloud is like itunes but everytime you connect your device it back up everything so if friday you back up and sat sun and monday you added contacts, notes, apps whatever and then when you plug it in again it backs all that up so you can recover if anything happened
I have yahoo accounts and when I updated to ios5 I had a problem with my mail as well but all i did was click on my account name and it added all my emails for that account I had to keep doing that for the rest of my emails so far so good on icloud for I have backed up over 30 times now No Problems

SignManiac

My upgrade went smooth for the most part. I've had some hick ups with Siri not connecting to network at times. Camera on the 4s is incredible. I no longer need to carry an extra pocket camera with me. Still trying to get a better handle on the cloud though, but I see where it's heading. Waiting for iTunes match so I can get all my music from the cloud and that will free up space from the 64 gb my phone has. Overall, pleased so far.

Sign_Boy

Had an issue here with mail as well.
I got it figured out, but only after I lost about 2 months of my sent items.

GypsyGraphics

My upgrade went smooth for the most part. I've had some hick ups with Siri not connecting to network at times. Camera on the 4s is incredible.

my upgrade went smoothly too... no hiccups that i've noticed yet, but i only updated yesterday. LOVE LOVE that the new camera features work, even though i'm not on a 4s. i always found taking photos with a phone to be a bit awkward until now.

messing with the new photo features, i also found that making photo folders can easily be done now. although, what i wanted was to make some photos not so easily viewable. but couldn't do that till i found this way cool "secret photos" app KYMS... not only hidden but password protected. :tongue:

GypsyGraphics

good point John!

no problemo.... just go to "Settings - Photos" and simply turn off Photo Streaming.
photos taken on my phone, stay on my phone
even if they're not taken in Vegas

PhotoStream.jpg