• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

iPad anyone?

Grafix USA

Mine arrived at 8:30 this morning. I'm not an apple person but Im really liking this. It will work great for showing photo portfolio, reading books and papers and basic email and web surfing. It's a good start and I think they will just get better.

Sabre

I hadn't really made up my mind, but in my research I discovered a great flowchart to help with a consumer's decision. In this case, it looks like I wont be getting one, but have fun with yours :)

Attachments

• iPad-buying-decision-BBspot-flowchart.jpg
    iPad-buying-decision-BBspot-flowchart.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 142

Stealth Ryder

I am waiting to hear from all of you... Have not done the iPhone thing yet, can't seem to part with my Blackberry... If it's Kewl, then I think I may go with the iPad... Let me know, please....

stickygraphics12

I watched some things about the ipad on Cnet and they said it is best used for gamers. You cant have multiple windows opened at once, which really sucks. They had the top 5 reasons not to get one and the number 1 reason was classic........YOU DONT NEED ONE! I have and absolutely love my iphone, but all an ipad is, is a large iphone without the phone. To me, it is completely useless. I'll take my PS3 anyday....since I am in to gaming somewhat....

weaselboogie

Conan's Tweet for apr. 3rd

Just got the new iPad. This amazing device has already revolutionized the way I use a calculator.

FrankenSigns.biz

We've all had a couple of days to spend time with it. The kids love it. The racing games are great. I can surf the web comfortable and relaxing in my easy chair, playing Scrabble is a hoot. The virtual keyboard works great. I've down loaded a couple of books. The books are marvelous because the screen is so crisp, colorful and clear. It's a great experience all around. I can't believe how fast it is. We can't seem to put it down.

It's light as a feather, the battery life is incredible, I feel I can take it anywhere. I'll most likely use my computer less, iPhone a little less if I have the same game, utility or software on the iPad. I guess, it occupies a new place that did not exist until yesterday. My guess is we'll have another in the house soon.

Those of you knocking it—you're missing out. This thing is going to be wildly popular.

FatCat

I don't have one yet, but can see myself getting one for my son's xmas present this year instead of a laptop. Why? He and all his friends (11 yrs old) have the iPod touch. They text on it (FREE), use Skype for phone calls (FREE), jailbreak them to run more apps and games (FREE) and they all seem to love it. It seems they are never without them.

I think Apple has a winner with this device, especially with the college crowd and younger. Right now, the device is a little lacking in power and functionality, but will improve as the technology improves.

SignManiac

I think Apple has a winner with this device, especially with the college crowd and younger.

I'm betting the old farts who are techno-phobes will love it. They are so simple to use, even a caveman can do it. I really believe this device will be cross generational and appeal to everyone no matter their age.

acothran

I would like one but I need a new laptop before buying an iPad. As for it's place in the market, I think the iPad is the best eReader on the market and it's only drawback right now might be the lack of selections. I don't know why someone would pay $479 for a Kindle DX when they could get an iPad for $499.

Allen

emo

I really like my ipod touch and think that eventually I'll get an ipad but I'm in no hurry. I mean, I have to break in the new iMac first. --- and I never thought I'd be "rich".

Tim Aucoin

LOVE THE FLOW CHART!!! :ROFLMAO: But seriously... I do love it! Helped me make the decision to buy 2 of these (one for me and one for my wife), otherwise we'll be at each others throats all the time!!

I'm a huge Apple fan and love everything Apple (no, I'm not related to, don't work for, and don't have a crush on Steve Jobs!!!)

Only bummer is we have to wait till the end of April here in CanaDUH to get them :banghead::banghead: I was born & raised here, but I'll tell ya... there are times I wish I were living in the U.S. just so I could get my Apple products sooner! Honestly... I'm not addicted! :ROFLMAO:

gijohn

I guess what concerns me a little (and maybe I'm completely wrong) is the month to month "data plan" for email and web surfing. I can sit all day long on the couch with my laptop and not pay a dime (other than my cable bill to do the same thing. I just don't see it being worth the extra $30 (???) a month. Am I missing something?

Have been an Apple fan since 1994, love my iPhone - but on this ... I don't know. Still on the fence. I do love the book feature tho which you can't do on an iTouch (earlier post that the iPad is just a big iTouch) ... not

ABPGraphics

I watched Charlie Rose on PBS actually demonstrate the IPAD on TV last week - and then he interviewed critics I believe from the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal - They all stand behind the IPAD what an amazing technology. If you can check out the demo