• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

iPhone/iPad/iPod apps

Jon Aston

Hey peeps.

For those of you using Apple devices... What are your favourite apps - and why?

All suggestions welcome and encouraged.

Thanks!

Spud Murphy

I have a nephew in Dublin who is waiting for acceptance of his "How to Juggle" app. He is a very good juggler and if you were inspired to juggle it could come in useful.

Custom_Grafx

Weather (included app) - easy, and to the point
Maps (included app) - as above
eBay - regularly updated and improved, easy to use
Facebook - regularly updated and improved, easy to use, great for messaging
GameBox 1 - around 40 games for the price of one - self explanatory
Bakodo - QR reader - easy and to the point - no problems using it yet
Kotoba - I still can't believe it's free... one of the best Japanese/English dictionaries
ShopShop - easy to use task list/shopping list

I also have a postcode app for australia that shows the postcode or reverse postcode to suburb search so I can double check addresses on artworks I have to create and for address labels and the such. Also good for checking spelling of suburbs.

David Wright

Notability-best way for organizing notes and estimates
Manage lists
Sketchbook pro and Art Studio-great painting apps
Dropbox
Distant Suns

rfulford

Here are my go to apps:

Omnifocus
Notetaker HD
ACT Printer
Maps
Numbers
CraigsPro
Starwalk
Dropbox
PDFReader Pro

qmr55

Various games, just wish they would have an emulator for all my old NES and SNES games that I grew up.

Busted out my dads old NES just this past weekend and kicked some ass in Super Mario Bros. :Big Laugh

For the Android people, here is an Android NES Emulator. Used it about a year ago and it worked great!

WildWestDesigns

Busted out my dads old NES just this past weekend and kicked some ass in Super Mario Bros. :Big Laugh

For the Android people, here is an Android NES Emulator. Used it about a year ago and it worked great!

I have it on my android phone for NES, SNES, GB, and N64. Only problem that I have is that I have one of the old ERIS phones and it doesn't handle the new apps as well as it has the old "OS" on it. Thinking about updating my phone in the next month or so.

I shouldn't have discovered the world of ROMs, productivity took a hit that first week

Tim Aucoin

iMap My Ride+ (great if you're into cycling... tracks routes, times, calories,etc...)
Qrafter (best QR code scanner in my opinion)
ForumRunner (for Signs101 on my phone of course)
Twitter (to tweet with)
FB (to socialize with)
Flixter (to flick with)
Isagenix To Go (if you want health and wealth... this is for you!!)
Sirius (I love music)
Camera+ (HIGHLY RECOMMEND camera app that works very well)
Nikon D7000 (if you own one, this is an excellent resource)
360 (panorama camera... works cool)
BP Tracker (great blood pressure/pulse tracker... no, it doesn't read your blood pressure... you enter it!!)
Tipulator (best tipping app I've seen)
Degrees (Very cool CANADIAN weather app)
Digits (calculator on steroids)
Time Machine (for those of us who crave nostalgia)
Blogger (if you're into blogging)
Angry Birds (come on... best game on any device by far!)
Scrabble (only for the smart bunch)
X-Baseball (highly addictive)
Rat on a Scooter XL (don't knock it till you've tried it)
iSlash (stupid addictive game)
Cut The Rope (another stupid addictive game)
DoodleJump (classic... but addictive)
Police Scan (so I can always stay one step ahead of them!!)

Tifosi

Does the App Store have Google Goggles? That is on the Android Market and is the BEST bar code/qr code/whatever scanner. It can scan text and automatically create contacts from what it sees as well as give you options for mapping.

I also like My Measures and Dimensions for sending in spec photos of signs and buildings. You take a photo and then draw in your dimensions. You can also email the photo with the dimensions sketched in to whoever you need.

Last edited:

ProWraps

Police Scan (so I can always stay one step ahead of them!!)

thanks! i had no idea you could get these frequencies with the iphone. i downloaded action scanner lite. works great and i get to hear all the BS going on around me! fun stuff.

Joe Diaz

So far I like:
GarageBand
Sketchbook pro
Angry Birds
Mirrors Edge
Netflix app
Wordpress app
Friendly for facebook.
Splashtop Remote Desktop. (so I can use google chrome with flash and other programs on my PCs)

David Wright

When did you get an Ipad Joe?

Here's a few more good ones:
Bills
MoneyWiz
Client Board
Form Tools
Dolphin browser (new to Ipad)
Sketch club
Calligraphy
Flipboard

SignManiac

I've had AppBox Pro for some time, but took the time the other night to set up the wallet app. It's password encrypted and I entered all of my credit card accounts, drivers license, vehicle registration along with plate numbers, and passwords for all of my accounts in case my real wallet gets lost or stolen and i have to notify the authorities. Can't imagine what a pain it would be to cancel all those cards in a panic moment.

Signs 365

Urban Spoon
Moron Test
Words with Friends
Chase Mobile Banking (If u have Chase of Course)
5-0 Radio
Pandora
Redbox
U-Verse
ForumRunner
Groupon
Many more good ones, these are the few I use on a daily basis.