• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it ever worth saying yes to t-shirt orders?

soundhound

THIS HAS PROBABLY BEEN ALREADY DISCUSSED, BUT I AM JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE SIMPLY SHIPS OFF T-SHIRT ART AND GETS THEM PRINTED UP LIKE BANNERS????

I always say no... but I could use some extra income if there is a reliable short-run printer that will allow me to do 2-3X markup, without having to deal with a lot of "service" to the customer.

Wishing everybody here a prosperous new year!

ExecuPrintGS

We say yes to apparel jobs all the time... but we have a full screen print department.
If you don't want to do something, have no knowledge or passion for it just be honest and pass. Id rather see someone stick to what they know and have a passion for instead of half assing something just to do it...

ActionGraphics

We do them often. For large orders I farm them out to be screened. For smaller orders I do them in house. Thermofilm or thermal transfer...

signwizz

If you have a printer, and a plotter, just spend a few hundred bucks and get a heat transfer press. It dont have to be a real fancy one.
We do it all the time. Takes about 15 to 20 mins to make 10 or so shirts.
Print them out, contour cut, weed, transfer mask, heat apply...........your done.
We are also the re seller at a race track that we own, so our profit margin on shirts are great.

10-15 minutes each maybe, by the time you print or cut weed premask measure placement and press your looking at 10 min a shirt minimum

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
We also have a full auotmatic/manual screenprint dpt along with Embroidery so we say yes. ;)

Persoanlly I've never met a transfer I liked and we offer them as well.

Split76

I hate small orders but like bigger ones. 100-200 shirts, takes propably 3-5 hours to do and i get 5-6 euros profit / shirt here in finland. Embroidery is getting more and more irritating, i'm trying always to sell heat press stuff. Beanies are my all time favourite, 5-6 can be pressed at once with normal heat press, 100-200 pcs can be done in 3-4 hours. Emroidery takes 5-10 mins / cap / hat..

dale911

President
I went into business thinking I was going to develop a vehicle wrap business and found that I am not good at art or graphic design, but fantastic at the technical aspects of the business so I am now wholesale to the trade. I started doing just vinyl wide format, but now I'm offering customers DTG and screen printing and doing extremely short run, such as 2-5 shirts wholesale for other sign businesses. I may or may not even be able to help you out. Several of the small shops around my area didn't want to offer shirts but found that there is decent money in it if they say yes and since there are bigger companies offering signs and shirts, it often helps to keep customers in the smaller shops if those shops can offer one-stop shopping, especially when they are looking to keep everything under a single theme for their business or event.