• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is it possible to feed coro signs through a laminator?

gabagoo

I have 50 coro signs 24 x 48 and I need to laminate them after screenprinting... Normally I would cut up the laminate into seperate sheets and do them one at a time.
Is it possible to feed the coro pieces through 1 at a time with the lam on a roll or am I asking for beeeg headaches?

anotherdog

yup, if you can mount adhesive onto coro using a laminator I don't see any difference laminating... you may have to use a backing sheet if the lam is larger than the coro though.

:popcorn: let us know the results.

FatCat

Yes, but might be a PITA and I would guess you need to do it with backing paper and extra hands. I'm guessing you'll have to have at least one helper on the delivery end madly cutting apart the signs and ideally another person trimming off the edges. Plus of course you or someone to constantly insert them on the feed end.

gabagoo

OK, I figured I would need a second person... My problem is that I cant afford to screw them up as they were screenprinted and I only have a few extras....maybe I better do them one at a time...uggg. It's the dry erase lam too so I bet one false move and the jig is up lol

d fleming

I thought to myself before I read all the way down these must be getting dry erase lam, otherwise what's the point? Run them through the laminator.

CanuckSigns

if you have a second set of hands it really shouldn't be a problem, try to get 54" laminate so there is a bit of wiggle room.

redbarn

I use my laminator for mounting just as much as i do for laminating. Foot pedal is essential, can't get better results by hand.

SIGNTIME

I would say use the laminator maybe do a few small test piece on blank coro to get the feel and after you can rip off the lam and reuse the coro.

HulkSmash

lay down and line up for first 4 inches, then squeegee that on. Then feed the rest through the laminator.. it's not a 2 person job...