Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to feed coro signs through a laminator?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by gabagoo, Jul 30, 2012.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I have 50 coro signs 24 x 48 and I need to laminate them after screenprinting... Normally I would cut up the laminate into seperate sheets and do them one at a time.
    Is it possible to feed the coro pieces through 1 at a time with the lam on a roll or am I asking for beeeg headaches?

Tags:
  2. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    yup, if you can mount adhesive onto coro using a laminator I don't see any difference laminating... you may have to use a backing sheet if the lam is larger than the coro though.

:popcorn: let us know the results.

3. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes, but might be a PITA and I would guess you need to do it with backing paper and extra hands. I'm guessing you'll have to have at least one helper on the delivery end madly cutting apart the signs and ideally another person trimming off the edges. Plus of course you or someone to constantly insert them on the feed end.

4. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    heck yeah you can.

5. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    OK, I figured I would need a second person... My problem is that I cant afford to screw them up as they were screenprinted and I only have a few extras....maybe I better do them one at a time...uggg. It's the dry erase lam too so I bet one false move and the jig is up lol

6. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    I thought to myself before I read all the way down these must be getting dry erase lam, otherwise what's the point? Run them through the laminator.

7. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    if you have a second set of hands it really shouldn't be a problem, try to get 54" laminate so there is a bit of wiggle room.

8. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    ...dry erase? yup, probably best to do one at a time.
    dry erase is pure evil.

9. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario

yea I know and will...was hoping to cut about 3 hours in gruelling one at a time setups

10. redbarn

redbarn Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Jefferson, Ga
    I use my laminator for mounting just as much as i do for laminating. Foot pedal is essential, can't get better results by hand.

11. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    ny
    I would say use the laminator maybe do a few small test piece on blank coro to get the feel and after you can rip off the lam and reuse the coro.

12. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    lay down and line up for first 4 inches, then squeegee that on. Then feed the rest through the laminator.. it's not a 2 person job...

13. john1

john1 Guest

Yup just start the first inch or two