• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Is it possible to put clearcoat on vinyl?

Annette Asberg

So today I did vinyl lettering for a church and the tranfertape pulled of the gold from the wall. No the designer wants to put varnish onto of the gold that is left and the vinyl letters. Is that possible?

unclebun

The real answer is to remove the vinyl, fix the gold so that it actually sticks to the wall, and then reletter. You could use low tack application tape if you were concerned about a repeat. But the real issue is that their gold paint didn't stick to the wall.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We have had clients clear coat vinyl after airbrushing on prints we have done or lacquered onto a floor. As uncle said above....fix the vinyl and then if you feel the need, clear coat over the entire thing.

visual800

putting clear over something that is not sticking in the first place aint gonna make it stick any better. I need pictures to fully understand whats going on. What good is varnish going to do