• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question IS it possible to use Mutoh 1638w by Eco-solvent inks?

amirbahram

Hello
there is a person who proposed to sell me 2 Mutoh 1638w printers with very good price, but my print house is working for producing wallpaper and i need Eco-solvent machines. my question is: is it possible to change print heads and ink lines of Motoh 1638w to use Eco-solvent ink in this machine?
and also about heater i think i should use separate heater
any other Idea?

thank you All

Superior_Adam

My guess would be you might have to change out boards as well. I would think that the chip readers for the ink cartridges would not recognize eco solvents cards. The maintenance station could be different as well. I have not seen the 1638 but being a die sub printer there could be a lot of differences. I would contact Mutoh on what all would need to be changed but I would think it would be more of a headache.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hello
there is a person who proposed to sell me 2 Mutoh 1638w printers with very good price, but my print house is working for producing wallpaper and i need Eco-solvent machines. my question is: is it possible to change print heads and ink lines of Motoh 1638w to use Eco-solvent ink in this machine?
and also about heater i think i should use separate heater
any other Idea?

thank you All

I think it is possible. You would have to run special cleaning fluid through the lines. You don't necessary have to change the printhead. separate heater will work but how well it would work.

FrankW

For an upgrade, the w-models were available without reading ink chips, as far as I remember. The bigger problem will be that this printers have. o print heaters.

amirbahram

My guess would be you might have to change out boards as well. I would think that the chip readers for the ink cartridges would not recognize eco solvents cards. The maintenance station could be different as well. I have not seen the 1638 but being a die sub printer there could be a lot of differences. I would contact Mutoh on what all would need to be changed but I would think it would be more of a headache.

Actually these printers are unlocked and no need to recognize chip on cartridges.
thank you for your answer.

amirbahram

what is it like living in Tehren?
everything is good here but providing some things from abroad is little difficult, living here is a little harder for people to compare with past but for foreigner is a paradise
for example: you can drink a tea in high class Cafe just for 0.7$, you can go to very good restaurant and eat Stake just 8$, or burger with 2$ ,every liter of gasoline is 0.06$, you can buy Laptops or Professional Camera cheaper than BEST BUY, you can do nose job operation less than 1000$ or Go to dentistry with very good price:)
if you want to come please let me know i can show you very interesting things

amirbahram

I think it is possible. You would have to run special cleaning fluid through the lines. You don't necessary have to change the printhead. separate heater will work but how well it would work.
I should buy Heads because these printers have not Heads, you think i should change line or cleaning in enough? or should i replace Sub-tanks or i can use them after cleaning?

amirbahram

For an upgrade, the w-models were available without reading ink chips, as far as I remember. The bigger problem will be that this printers have. o print heaters.
these printers are Unlocked and no needs chip n cartridges, but you think can i print with using separate heater in front of printer or platen heater is necessary?

FrankW

these printers are Unlocked and no needs chip n cartridges, but you think can i print with using separate heater in front of printer or platen heater is necessary?

A platen heater is neccessary.

There was a pre-pre-predecessor of the Valuejet, the Mutoh Rockhopper I, which was introduced with the first Generation eco-solvent ink which was not suitable to print on uncoated media. This machine had a pre-heater at the media inlet, and a drying heater at the media outlet, but no direct platen heater. With this machine, it wasn´t possible to print with good results on uncoated media when using the second generation eco-solvent-ink for use with uncoated media appeared on the market in 2003. Mutoh has developped an upgrade kit this time to convert the pre-heater to a platen heater to get acceptable results with that machine.

So I would not spend money and time.

amirbahram

A platen heater is neccessary.

There was a pre-pre-predecessor of the Valuejet, the Mutoh Rockhopper I, which was introduced with the first Generation eco-solvent ink which was not suitable to print on uncoated media. This machine had a pre-heater at the media inlet, and a drying heater at the media outlet, but no direct platen heater. With this machine, it wasn´t possible to print with good results on uncoated media when using the second generation eco-solvent-ink for use with uncoated media appeared on the market in 2003. Mutoh has developped an upgrade kit this time to convert the pre-heater to a platen heater to get acceptable results with that machine.

So I would not spend money and time.
it works ;)
after all for my experience i bought a second hand Mutoh 1638w and i totally washed lines, i changed Heads and i bought new cartridges, i used ECO-Solvent ink and for platen heater i bought strip heater and put under platen place and plug into power separately, result was very good , very very good
i didn't change head rank in printer but printer works very good.
i use this machine for wallpaper printing

schmitteo

What about the other way around? Switch eco-sol to dye sub? Would it require a new main board? How do you determine head rank aqueous dye sub inks? Wish these were like old JV33 and JV5 Mimakis that you can just switch ink types on the panel.