• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it time for a Damper change??

Netter26

I have a Mutoh valuejet 1324. It’s dropping ink (cyan) after a couple feet of printing. Is it time to change Dampers? My nozzle checks are 100% perfect and the Printhead is 5 months old.

thanks

Attachments

• B21C2E86-B9BF-4CEB-8498-6CB7876224CD.jpeg
    B21C2E86-B9BF-4CEB-8498-6CB7876224CD.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 226

signage

Dampers area consumable part of the printer. Depending one how much printing need to be done in certain intervals.

FatCat

How old are the dampers?

Did you not replace dampers when you installed the new printhead?

Long story short, if the dampers are more than 1.5-2 years old I would change them.

Netter26

The dampers were replaced with the printhead and maintenance station is 6 months old. I slept on it and replaced the dampers this morning. All is good Now after the first couple feet I tried. I just thought 5 months was a little soon to replace them. Thank you for the advice!

heyskull

My 13 year old 1604 has had one damper in its very busy life. The tech that replaced the head 8 years ago (still a perfect nozzle test) insisted unless their was a problem on the dampers only replace when needed.
I have found the best thing for these machines is to use them a lot. The more you use them the more reliable they are.
Currently got a 1614 to reinstate which looks like it has a harder life or more than likely run by operatives that did not have any idea on running these machines.

SC
SC