• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Is Oralite 5600 eco-solvent printable?

RG

In the Fellers catalog, it says that Oralite 5700 is NOT digitally printable. But, it doesn't say that about the 5600 reflective. I need to print black on gold, reflective and then laminate it for some truck doors. And, I'm not going to buy a whole roll of the reflective inkjet vinyl.

SignosaurusRex

In the Fellers catalog, it says that Oralite 5700 is NOT digitally printable. But, it doesn't say that about the 5600 reflective. I need to print black on gold, reflective and then laminate it for some truck doors. And, I'm not going to buy a whole roll of the reflective inkjet vinyl.

Yes. I've been doing so for almost ten years now without issue on our Mutoh Eco-Sol.

• Agree
Reactions: RG

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
Be forewarned thay feelers stocks the same part number for oralite, you have to specify the printable version

Christian @ 2CT Media

The only difference between the "printable" and not 5600 is that the "printable" rolls are unhandled in a sealed bag. I'd recommend buying more than you need and wiping down with alcohol if you plan on printing on cut yardage rolls.

• Agree

FatCat

The only difference between the "printable" and not 5600 is that the "printable" rolls are unhandled in a sealed bag. I'd recommend buying more than you need and wiping down with alcohol if you plan on printing on cut yardage rolls.

Exactly right - you can print on a variety of films that say they are "not printable" but you must wipe them down with alcohol first to remove any fingerprints, oils, etc that may contaminate the print. Been doing this for years with good results...

• Agree

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
You guys unfortunately are wrong. I have used both, I can show you a night pic of some yellow/black stripes I made that DO NOT reflect at night and then did it on printable 5600 and it is reflective. I should state that I think fellers has part numbers wrong, printable has one part number and non printable has another, yet fellers lists 5600 as 5600. Call them and ask, every rep i have talked to said do you need printable or non printable.

SignosaurusRex

Let me clarify something here... 5600 is 5600 is 5600 period. It is printable. Oracal/Orafol does not produce two different variations. Fellers (as an example) will sell by the yard and cut it off a much larger roll, roll it on a tube and sell it as cutting vinyl. They may or may not take time to handle with cotton gloves etc. Many suppliers operate this way. If you specify "Printable", than they know they need to handle accordingly or sell you a factory sealed box/roll. My supplier for 5600 does the same, however, they only charge one price regardless of end use requirements. Some suppliers are just charging more for proper handling when the end use is for printing and the material being sold is cut from a much larger bulk roll.

Christian @ 2CT Media

You guys unfortunately are wrong. I have used both, I can show you a night pic of some yellow/black stripes I made that DO NOT reflect at night and then did it on printable 5600 and it is reflective. I should state that I think fellers has part numbers wrong, printable has one part number and non printable has another, yet fellers lists 5600 as 5600. Call them and ask, every rep i have talked to said do you need printable or non printable.
And again all printable is, is unhandled in a sealed bag. If yours didn't reflect it's and issue with your material not 5600 vs 5600 printable. Printability would not effect wither ink would allow reflection through or not.

twmiller24

We've printed it successfully on both Epson GS6000s and now on Mimaki JV300s. The Oracal 5600 prints great. We usually use 3m 8519 laminate.