• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is the attached CORAL File Corrupt?

sansegundo

I am having trouble opening the attached file with my current CORAL DRAW 10 version. Attached is picture of error I am getting when I try to open up this old file with old data for 2008. This file was created on Illustrator CS2 and saved as a .CDR File (so that I can open it if I need to using CORAL 10 or newer version 12 so that I can adjust the graphics)
When I try to open this file using CORAL 10 or 12 I just cant (see attached error message) so I cant even open it to convert it. Why do you think I have trouble opening this. Is it a setting, what filter is presenting this issue, or is it that this file Just cant be opened any longer. Thanks
attachment.php

Attachments

• Unopened-Coral-DrawQ1.jpg
    Unopened-Coral-DrawQ1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 174

Guerilla Signs

Had an eps file created in illustrator that I could not open with corel yesterday. Had the customer save as a pdf and imported it with no problems.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Have you tried to import it rather than open it? Or vice versa. It's unclear just what you're doing here. Importing or opening or what.

niksagkram

Try using Winzip or WinRAR to open this file. Corel files are actually compressed files containing all the information from that particular file. Just right click on the file and select "open with" and then choose your favorite compression software. Screen shot attached of a simple shape saved in Corel X7 and opened with WinRAR. You may be able to extract something this way.
Good luck.

Mark

Attachments

• Corel unzipped.jpg
    Corel unzipped.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 106

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
With it not being a real cdr file you might try changing the .cdr extension to .eps, .ai or .pdf and import using the named filter for each type - one of them may do it for you.

wayne k
guam usa

niksagkram

Me again! :smile: Just had a thought. All of my Corel versions create auto back up files, have you looked to see if there is a back up file(s) ?

mikkelsen

Honestly, without being able to look at the original illustrator file, I can only guess. Most likely there is a special filter or file contains the damage that corel cannot interpret.
But You could try changing the suffix to .jpg and uploading it.
Example: your file is named filename.cdr
Change it to filename.jpg
Then try to upload it.
Is it possible to get another version of the file from the person who originally saved it as .cdr?
If after that the file will not open normally, then I think there is a possibility that the file is corrupted. Can try to recover it with some program. I from experience can you recommend CorelDraw Recovery Toolbox. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/coreldraw_recovery.html
Or firstly better take the recommendations on the site. http://howto.corel.com/en/c/How_To:_Recover_Corrupted_CDR_Files