• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is There A 54" Paper Roll For Use In A Laminator?

Dzignpro

I'm with an Endurolam 54" laminator. I'm laminating 51" prints. All the paper rolls I'm finding are 48" max. I need one roll to use for 54" laminate and then will use that media's laminate's liner as slip paper once the current roll is used up. Any ideas? I've seen some shops not use the paper and if it's possible, I'd like to know how to do that. My experience is that the excess starts sticking to itself as it comes out the back of the laminator as it folds up in the catch bins. I could let it go onto the floor though. I would like to find some light weight paper to use instead.

JamieG

I just go buy a length of PVC pipe. I cut it to length and use it on my printer takeup then transfer it over to my laminator for laminating.

Dzignpro

Thanks, I suppose their 51" width will work, I don't know if 55" will work with my 54" laminator, if there's extra room for that. I use the back media rollers on my Graphtec plotter with a used media core and tape the print to it once it gets out about 3 ft or so. Then I keep an eye on it and roll it up by hand. The print air dries some but I generally leave it on the tube straight to the laminator. Any ideas on drying times for 3m laminate and Oracal media, printed with valuejet 1204 mutoh eco sol inks? I'll be voiding the warranties on these sets of prints to get it used up and will be using 3m going forward. Perhaps there's thoughts on other media and lam choices for wrapping vehicles. Oracal media and laminate have been failures recently and the good stuff was difficult to install. I've used it for 7 years and I've seen how it looks after it ages. It isn't pretty.