• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Is There a Clear Vinyl for Textile Use?

stitchup

I'm finding ImagePerfect IP6901 practically impossible to cut unless the design is large without small objects.

Is there a clear textile vinyl available? If so, I could cut around the design rather than having to weed small objects.

Cheers

John

jfiscus

Rap Master
No idea what "textile vinyl" is. There are tons of "clear vinyls" of different degrees of clarity. Optically clear vinyl might be what you want, but it has to be applied wet.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
No idea what "textile vinyl" is. There are tons of "clear vinyls" of different degrees of clarity. Optically clear vinyl might be what you want, but it has to be applied wet.

Why do you say it has to be applied wet? Which brand are you referring to? I use a couple different clears and lay them dry nearly every time. Of course it's usually with a laminator.

stitchup

Thanks for the reply and apologies, I should have been more clear.

Textile vinyl is vinyl that can be heat pressed onto garment. ImagePerfect 6901 is a Gerber vinyl designed for printing on the Edge and heat pressed to clothing etc. It's a white but is hopeless for weeding, a clear vinyl could just be contour cut.

Cheers

John