• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Is there a Difference between "Technician Manual" and "Service Manual" for HP Designjet and Latex?

tinkerprinter

So far two different people told me two different answers on this, one HP tech said that yes they are two different things and that the "Technician Manual" has more info and troubleshooting guides than the "Service Manual" which is a lot more "basic". Another technician said that they're not aware of any difference, and that basically the terms Technician Manual and Service Manual are interchangeable and refer to same thing.

Anyone like to put the question to rest with a definitive answer? :)

papabud

Lone Wolf
you have a service manual which is more end user based and a technician manual which is service tech based
they have different info. like the service manual doesn't tell you how to unlock and get into some of the more advanced menus