• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a good entry level sewing machine for banners?

ExecuPrintGS

we used an inexpensive "industrial" single needle machine for about a year. It was a huge pain in the ***. Our new double needle machine is awesome.

We don't just use tape because a lot of the banners we do require webbing be sewn in the hems. :thumb:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
cant use banner tape for long term pole pocket banners.

Yes of course but long term pole pocket banners wasn't in the OP description lol. I was just thinking it would be a waste of money to go buy a sewing machine for just a small run of banners so I suggested banner tape.

Ultimate13

Singer 300W

By "entry level" do you mean novice or inexpensive??

In my opinion after sewing banners in house for years, I would buy the machine you will use and will last forever. Then after this small run it will be easier to sell the next one and the one after that. It may cost more in the beginning but it will make the job much easier. We have a Singer 300W Double Needle Chain Stitch machine. It is a serious workhorse. You can find them used of course. The biggest option for us is the fact that it doesn't use bobbins, it uses 4 big spools, so you're not stopping to change bobbins. We also have a Consew double needle lockstitch machine for back up or special purposes. Our singer has a puller as well. We also had folder attachments made for the hem and another for pole pockets.

Sorry for the long winded message, just want to give you enough information. Good Luck with it!!

Billct2

Old thread, but I have a friend in the industrial sewing business and the number of used machines on the market is large.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Which one of theirs are you using?
We have the LS-1 - didn't see the need to do too much zig-zagging on banners.
What I have noticed is the company is very much into after sales support.
Of course they want you to keep buying consumables and upgrades from them and they do it by providing very good support.
The machine comes with a nicely laid out operator's maintenance manual and a DVD with plenty of info to get a first time seamstress going.

wayne k
guam usa