• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a quick and easy way to do this?

damones1st

I have a gross of 60" vinyl material that I need cut down for use as 54" rolls. Located in southeast Michigan and need service providers located fairly close. Also would consider purchasing a used or new splitter if that is the best solution. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tel

I have had to cut rolls in the past for one reason or another i.e. it was bought for a larger cutter or printer and was now going to be used for a smaller width machine. I marked it and cut it in a chop saw, keeping it straight and pushed tight against the back wall of the machine. I don't know if you would understand my terminalogy but a chop saw over here is a mitre saw obviously try a cut first and if you have differrent blades try them to see which gives the cleanest cut. We have done this lots of times and after a good clean up they are good for use. on stuff for printers we keep the cut end furthest away from where the head starts. Go through slow for a good clean cut.
regards
Tel

2B

I have had to cut rolls in the past for one reason or another i.e. it was bought for a larger cutter or printer and was now going to be used for a smaller width machine. I marked it and cut it in a chop saw, keeping it straight and pushed tight against the back wall of the machine. I don't know if you would understand my terminalogy but a chop saw over here is a mitre saw obviously try a cut first and if you have differrent blades try them to see which gives the cleanest cut. We have done this lots of times and after a good clean up they are good for use. on stuff for printers we keep the cut end furthest away from where the head starts. Go through slow for a good clean cut.
regards
Tel

this,

we use a high tooth count finishing blade, wind the material as as tight as possible and then have a shop vac going to minimize the debris.

once cut always spool off several turns and you are good to go

Andy D

The cleanest way I have found to split vinyl or banner material is to load the material
on a roll to roll and rig up a stand with a utility blade to slit the material
as it advances.. slow, but perfect slit.
Of course you have to have a roll to roll wide enough to do this........

31legen

Advantage

If your close to an advantage signs they can do it for you in house. They cut down app tape roll sizes made to order.