• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a solvent printable cast media that is compatible with PPG clear coat paint?

beyondgraffix

Can anyone tell me if there is a solvent printable cast media that can be clear coated with PPG Deltron DC3000? Thank you in advance.

beyondgraffix

Can anyone tell me if there is a solvent printable cast media that can be clear coated with PPG Deltron DC3000? Thank you in advance.

The client is going to test some samples this Wed. I was just wondering if there was a specific vinyl other people have already had success with.

mopar691

Are you laming first? Watch how fast of clear he uses cause I have seen some leech alot of the printed color into the clear

beyondgraffix

Yes, I'm laminating. I figured the solvents in the clear coat would dissolve some of the ink. I'd really appreciate any other tips and tricks on how to do this right. This is my first time clear coating a vinyl graphic.

To Everyone that has replied: Thank you for taking the time to help me.

visual800

I will clearcoat on anything. Oracal vinyls, 3m, it matters not. I have clearcoated over laminated and non laminted prints, i prefer non laminated. I put 2 light coats on it then a heavy third. Ive never had an issue. I lightly scuff prints with soft scotchprint pad and wipe with water

my preference of clear is ppg 2010 clear, high solids

visual800

I lightly scuff print very lightly. Wipe with sprayed water and let dry. I spray a mist coat wait bout 15 minutes and then lay another coat of clear on it. Wait bout 20-25 and then a good thick coat. Ive had great luck. Ive got several prints up for over 5 years they look great