• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a way to move your plotter forward an inch from the software with out cutting?

gabagoo

I never really thought about it before but when you are doing multiple cuts. After each section is done I always have to get up and manually move the plotter forward an inch or so as if I just send the next cut file it cuts right where it finished off. I run Signlab and a Graphtec plotter...would be nice to be able to do it while sitting. Is there a function for that?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When you're setting up your rip and whatnot, usually when you figure so many up, so many across, you can dictate the amount of space between those tiles. After the final cut, our cutters advance about 3/4" on their own, so you can send the next selection from your seat.

gabagoo

When you're setting up your rip and whatnot, usually when you figure so many up, so many across, you can dictate the amount of space between those tiles. After the final cut, our cutters advance about 3/4" on their own, so you can send the next selection from your seat.
sorry Gino, I am talking strictly cutting vinyl, not printed vinyl

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Thanks James, only been using Signlab for for 30 years lol

I thought it seemed like a rookie question coming from you, and what not...but hey, if you don't know....you don't know. We do thousands of engraved paver stencils and there's no way I'd want to have to continually be bumping it out after every run. That'd get old...real fast.

It's always fun to learn a new nugget of wisdom, no matter what.

JB

d fleming

I remember the first time my graphtec spoke japanese to me, lol. I had my last one set to give me inches instead of mm, haven't take the time in the last few years to do it with this one.

gabagoo

I'm at this point in my life where I really don't have the time or patience to learn new things anymore it seems. My fear is that my 12 year old printer is going to die soon and I will have a major learning curve dealing with a new one. Learning the new printer is not my real fear, but dealing with multitudes of old files and wondering how the colours will change scares the %$#* out of me...lol

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I'm at this point in my life where I really don't have the time or patience to learn new things anymore it seems. My fear is that my 12 year old printer is going to die soon and I will have a major learning curve dealing with a new one. Learning the new printer is not my real fear, but dealing with multitudes of old files and wondering how the colours will change scares the %$#* out of me...lol

yea, color change will be real, but the ease of a brand new HP Latex will be fun!