• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there any way to flatten an image?

graywoulf

Is there any way to flatten an image in Flexi 10 Pro as you would in Photoshop? I am having trouble creating .PDF files to email as proofs without the layers sometimes messing up. The main problem is usually due to having text that has been outlined and the main text disappears leaving only the outline. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

thewood

You could rasterize it prior to saving as a pdf. Or you could save a step and export the file as a raster image for proofing.

thewood

I forgot that Flexi 10 has a function which might work for you.

File>Send Email>JPG (or PDF)

Patentagosse

If you want to make it quick (we all try to...) blow it full screen and hit "screenshot" button. Open new file (blank), paste it in, save in whatever please you (pdf or jpg) and send it that way. You are sure your customer will get it full screen and will see the same exact image you had on your screen.

I do that because I discovered that sometimes, when exporting a logo (for example) there could be some missing items like outline, word of main copy converted to white. It only takes like 10sec. and you're focussing on next job...:thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try this guy..... he can probably help you. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• smasher.jpg
    smasher.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 106

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Does the same thing happen if you export an .eps? I don't like to send proofs as .pdf created directly from Flexi because they can open them in Illustrator and have the vectors. So I would open a .pdf (or .eps in this case) in Preview (on a Mac) and take a screenshot (COMMAND-SHIFT-4 gives you crosshairs to draw a box). It looks much better than just taking a screenshot of the sign in Flexi.

Just export as a .jpg. I just tried the send email .jpg and it works well I might be using that from now on. Just make sure in the control panel that your preferred e-mail is set as the default.

graywoulf

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Yea, I think I will contact Gallagher for the final solution... Right!:ROFLMAO:
Seriously though, I have tried the rasterizing route but it too at times messes with the output as well. I will try the other suggestions that have been made and see which one works best for me.
I thank you all for your time and help!

MikeD

I find the screenshot method mentioned above to be the quickest, and it works no matter what document/image/software you're using

Graphics2u

Yea, I think I will contact Gallagher for the final solution... Right!:ROFLMAO:
Seriously though, I have tried the rasterizing route but it too at times messes with the output as well. I will try the other suggestions that have been made and see which one works best for me.
I thank you all for your time and help!

I have had this problem many times when export as a jpg. I found that if you separate the outlines so that they are just another path it should work fine. It can be frustrating though. I've never noticed it happening when I rasterize the image in flexi (but i rarely do that), just when I export it as jpg.