Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any way to flatten an image?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by graywoulf, Jun 5, 2012.

1. graywoulf

graywoulf Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Is there any way to flatten an image in Flexi 10 Pro as you would in Photoshop? I am having trouble creating .PDF files to email as proofs without the layers sometimes messing up. The main problem is usually due to having text that has been outlined and the main text disappears leaving only the outline. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    if there isnt a rasterize function, that would be really wierd

3. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    Under the bitmap menu, you can rasterize it.

4. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    You could rasterize it prior to saving as a pdf. Or you could save a step and export the file as a raster image for proofing.

5. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I get that sometimes to when creating a PDF, if you convert all text to outlines it takes care of that probelm.

6. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I forgot that Flexi 10 has a function which might work for you.

File>Send Email>JPG (or PDF)

7. Patentagosse

Patentagosse Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Joliette, Quebec (Canada)
    If you want to make it quick (we all try to...) blow it full screen and hit "screenshot" button. Open new file (blank), paste it in, save in whatever please you (pdf or jpg) and send it that way. You are sure your customer will get it full screen and will see the same exact image you had on your screen.

I do that because I discovered that sometimes, when exporting a logo (for example) there could be some missing items like outline, word of main copy converted to white. It only takes like 10sec. and you're focussing on next job...:thumb:

8. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Try this guy..... he can probably help you. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA

:goodpost:That's what I would do.

10. thinksigns

thinksigns SnowFlake

Nov 28, 2010
    Does the same thing happen if you export an .eps? I don't like to send proofs as .pdf created directly from Flexi because they can open them in Illustrator and have the vectors. So I would open a .pdf (or .eps in this case) in Preview (on a Mac) and take a screenshot (COMMAND-SHIFT-4 gives you crosshairs to draw a box). It looks much better than just taking a screenshot of the sign in Flexi.

11. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    Just export as a .jpg. I just tried the send email .jpg and it works well I might be using that from now on. Just make sure in the control panel that your preferred e-mail is set as the default.

12. graywoulf

graywoulf Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

Yea, I think I will contact Gallagher for the final solution... Right!:ROFLMAO:
    Seriously though, I have tried the rasterizing route but it too at times messes with the output as well. I will try the other suggestions that have been made and see which one works best for me.
    I thank you all for your time and help!

13. MikeD

MikeD Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I find the screenshot method mentioned above to be the quickest, and it works no matter what document/image/software you're using

14. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    I have had this problem many times when export as a jpg. I found that if you separate the outlines so that they are just another path it should work fine. It can be frustrating though. I've never noticed it happening when I rasterize the image in flexi (but i rarely do that), just when I export it as jpg.