• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this a scam from china?

(If you are not in charge of this, please forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks)

We are a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration center in Shanghai, China. On Jan 9, 2013, we received an application from Huasheng company requested "pennjerseysigns" as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names. But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether this company is your distributor or business partner in China?

Kind regards
Jerry Zhang

=========================================
Jerry Zhang
General Manager
Shanghai Office (Head Office)

Feels like a hustle for us to take our name with a cn extension.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Yea lol. I'm sure there's a Penn Jersey Signs in Shanghai. LOL

lenwardus

Anyone know of an easy way to block all emails from China?

Microsoft Outlook can be configured to block email messages that are from specific countries or written in select languages. By setting up Outlook to block messages containing certain language encodings (also called "character sets"), you effectively block email messages based on the language of the message.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6503912_block-languages-microsoft-outlook.html

Another strategy you could try to block email messages written in chinese is to copy a few frequently used characters in the chinese language spam emails you have received; then configure Outlook to block any emails which contain these characters in the subject or message field.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Been getting a load of emails....."buy PVC from China...Best price!" hahahaha. Delete delete delete. Kicker is, theres no way to configure my spam filters on my server for this. Any ideas??

Mosh

Kind sir, I am in need of your bank account numbers so I can sent you one billion dollars.
most kindly, Jerry Zhang

lenwardus

Been getting a load of emails....."buy PVC from China...Best price!" hahahaha. Delete delete delete. Kicker is, theres no way to configure my spam filters on my server for this. Any ideas??

Here's a reply that would shut them up.

别扯淡,说真话。

literal translation: stop talking nonsense, tell the truth

actual translation: Quit your bullsh*t.

lenwardus

If you really want to escalate the response and not use any profanity
then you could offer this reply. Might seem a bit xenophobic. Keep in
mind if you **** them off too much they will assault you with a hacking
attack of malaware... so beware.

这个中国家有一种奇怪的制度,总是让说谎者得到奖赏,久而久之,每个人都对谎言习以为常,每个人都主动说谎,说谎甚至成了一种美德.

[FONT=cd9800338d999ea00abf3200#500600]In China, there is a strange system that rewards liars, and with the passage of time, Chinese have become accustomed to lying. Chinese lie as naturally as they breathe, to the point that lying has become a virtue.[/FONT]

Fanaticus

Yes, we've received that too. When we told them we do object we got another email telling us that we can buy it before the other guy. They also gave us a big list of other domain names that included our name that we could buy before someone else does.