• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this possible?

ChristianTR

I am printing something for a backlit sign and I am having trouble getting the proper color with the light behind it. I have gotten pretty close by printing in fixed dark with an overprint of two but the problem is its wrinkling the material. Is there anyway the printer can print the logo once then go back and print the second overprint after it has had a little time to dry? Thanks

I am using the roland colorip and the SC-540.

MikePro

double-striking? yuck.
dual-layered print is the way to go. same colors night/day.

BUT if you're trying to double-strike, you can just dial-up the temp and dial-down the printspeed... there's usually options for "extra dry time" between passes, if you want to give that a try.

MikePro

dual-layer, front/back application, allows the 2nd surface print to change the color of the light before passing through the 1st surface print and makes the image view as the same color during the day&night.
double-striking is just making really dark daytime prints, so that the nighttime looks relatively normal. also noted that, doubling-striking the ink could very well increase the likelihood of production failure. whether it be fish-eyes, prints sticking to itself on the roll, stretching/wrinkling during install, and/or laminate failure.