• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this to be expected?

gnatt66

I ordered some 8" circle sign blanks for a job and got them late Friday. About half of them had bad areas like this...is this "normal"?

material is 1/8" dibond.

Attachments

• issue.jpg
    issue.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 121

gnatt66

i made these work for now...

is there a merchant member in the New England area that can do stuff like this?

Marlene help! lol

someone is using the wrong bit, the wrong spindle speed, wrong feedrate, not holding work down properly or a combination of any/or all of the mentioned causes...no good.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think what Dan is saying is...... someone doesn't understand their job or their job description very well.

You could get a beaver to chew it better than that.

astro8

It actually looks like whoever ran the router forgot to turn on the vac holdown and it shifted. 3mm Dibond is among the easiest smoothest cutting stuff you'll get to do, it should be perfect.

Marlene

get your money back or make them replace them as that vendor sells itself as being the place to go for blanks and since that is all the do, you would think they would be pretty good at it!

paul luszcz

At the risk of being a spoil sport, have you checked your file? If this is in the same place on numerous parts, it's possible that there is an extra point in the file, magnified by the diameter of the router bit, that's causing that problem. I've had it happen with a very good supplier.

gnatt66

At the risk of being a spoil sport, have you checked your file? If this is in the same place on numerous parts, it's possible that there is an extra point in the file, magnified by the diameter of the router bit, that's causing that problem. I've had it happen with a very good supplier.

um...it was a circle.