• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Is this vertical banding

GetTarps

This stays for a couple feet, then goes away. Please help!! Or could it be in the image?

All nozzles are clear!

Attachments

• 20190711_110346.jpg
    20190711_110346.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 513

Christian @ 2CT Media

It could be or it could be defects in the roll. Does it happen every time you start that print? If it does then you have to look at the consistents, Image or Printer. By Printer, it could simply be a delay in the RIP communication, down to a head issue with the initial warm-up.

GetTarps

Ok, Thank you!

Yes, we are having problems with the ethernet timing out. It takes 5 hours to print 720 4 pass 60 feet. Normal?

GetTarps

We bought Onyx 18.5 because of communication slowness and it's still the same. We connect direct to the printer

ikarasu

If your pc is plugged in directly to the printer you need a crossover cable. These are different than normal cables you buy for your pc - first thing I'd do is make sure you have the correct cable... The color order on each end will be in a different order than the other.

Is it every image or just that one? Rotate the image and see if the other end does the same. Try a different photo... Has this just started happening, or is it a new machine?

What steps have you done so far to diagnose the cause / fix the issue?

Bly

It looks like a defect in the media.
Have you tried another roll from a different batch?

Jun Lanon

Vertical banding on UV..... How old are those UV lamps? Try printing low speed and uni direction. This will rectify vertical banding. Change your UV lamps if it's old.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
No one's mentioned this and it's a long shot - check the encoder strip for dirt, ink and damage.

• Agree
Reactions: RPM

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
My encoder strip was pretty dirty and we cleaned it but how to check for damage?

Basically if it's clean and still prints like that then you probably should just replace it. When encoders get really dirty it can damage the encoder lines but can be hard to see. Obvious signs of damage are any creases or physical cracks etc. But sometimes they can just be bad and you can't tell why. I'm willing to be if you change it, it will fix the issue.

GetTarps

It could be or it could be defects in the roll. Does it happen every time you start that print? If it does then you have to look at the consistents, Image or Printer. By Printer, it could simply be a delay in the RIP communication, down to a head issue with the initial warm-up.
Ok, we did a feed adjustment and changed the platten gap to 1.5. It worked! We are running 13 oz material.