• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is VS capable of producing a nice red?

IsItFasst

First let me preface by stating I am comparing my new to me VS-300i to my old SP-300V I have been running for over 10 years. The SP prints my stock Flexisign Red (RGB 255,0,0) pretty much perfect. It's deep and solid like a red sign vinyl (though I do get white spots occasionally). Both machines are profiled using an Xrite. But I've profiled the VS twice now using two different dither settings (an among other things like rendering intents, pure hue, etc.) and the red is still just a little "washed out" compared to the SP. I've tried several different things I seen online like turning up the Magenta some but that doesn't seem to help. And I can't really change my red to a different red because I am trying to match my SP as close as I can for consistency and I also have a few thousand files with my Flexisign Red incorporated. Most of the other colors are pretty spot on but I print so much red that it seems to be the only one that is a little off. I have it to the point now that I can "live with it" but just wondering if anyone has any input so I can make it perfect.

netsol

i believe i have seen colorcrest discuss making a "universal profile" that both machines can print consistently and identically

we re just getting settled into our new, larger space and this is one of my intended projects, as soon as the dust settles

in my elaborate fantasies, i would like to think that ALL MY PRINTERS will print identically by this time next year. (i plan to stay productive during the slow weeks)