Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help IS6000 Remote Pendant Issues

Discussion in 'CNC Routers & Engravers' started by JBurton, Jun 7, 2018.

1. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    So I have an older New Hermes IS 6000 that we have had since 2000 or so, running off of an old xp machine with a copy of gravostyle98. This thing has been great for raised copy and braille work, and all together it has held up very well. The only problem is the remote has been dropped more than a couple of times, and is being held together with several layers of tape. I got with gravograph and ordered a new remote (reconditioned) at a premium price of $400, and it looks great.
    The problem is when I send something to be engraved, and hit start on the pendant, the engraver travels to the xy coordinates to start the job, travels down to just above the material, and then sits there. If I press the start button, it will cut the first item, then travel to the next one, and wait. This is VERY annoying on things like braille, or lettering, or anything honestly. I thought that some setting must have been reset when I installed the new pendant, so I read through the instructions looking for such an option both in gravostyle and in the machine manual, but I could not find anything. So then after talking with gravograph, they decided to send me a new (refurbished) controller because the one I had must be defective. It wasn't. Both controllers have the same issue.
    The strange thing is the old broken controller that I have originally still works just fine, so I don't think it's a setting.
    Does anybody have any experience with such behavior or the is6000 in general that could help me out?