• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ISA Show in Orlando 2010 - Friday Night Meetup

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully this will be the official thread for discussions and all things related to meeting up at the ISA Show in Orlando 2010 Friday night.

ISA Show Hours for Friday are 9:30am - 5pm

Things we need to figure out:
  • Organizer/Leader for this Meet
  • Other considerations
  • Who will attend

Who can get things organized and setup before people start showing up?
Not it!

Where do we meet?
Bar, Restaurant, Downtown Disney, ect...

What time do we meet?
Suggested time should probably not be locked down, everyone has a different schedule and agenda.

Are there any considerations needed for those who want to attend?
Florida is a No Smoking state except in bars, basically if there is food being served it is smoke free.
However there may be other considerations for those who wish to attend this meetup.

My personal request is that if we meet somewhere to that we try to find a place that can provide a decent size table with chairs. Sitting in a crowded booth with people you've never met isn't that fun.

Who is going to attend this Friday night meetup?
Reply in this thread and tell everyone if your are for sure going to attend or just a maybe. Include how many you are bringing and any considerations or special requests.

For more information about the sign show visit http://www.signexpo.org

The original thread by SignGal that started it all is here http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=685405#post685405

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I'm in but I have no suggestions for the location or time.

Is there anyone that knows the area (going or not) that could suggest a place?

signgal

I live in this area and can make oodles of suggestions. I will work on some choices and provide links.

signgal

Friday night... 8-ish? 9-ish? If you want a nap after driving or walking around the show all day...

This is a link to my first suggestion. It's right down from the CC (within walking distance) and they have a variety of restaurants and a movie theatre. My suggested restaurant is Adobe Gilas... casual atmosphere, outdoor sitting (if the weather holds up), music's a little loud and prices are real reasonable. I'm a fan of the "mug o' rita" LOL There are a lot of other restaurant/bars.

Pointe Orlando

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Friday night... 8-ish? 9-ish? If you want a nap after driving or walking around the show all day...

This is a link to my first suggestion. It's right down from the CC (within walking distance) and they have a variety of restaurants and a movie theatre. My suggested restaurant is Adobe Gilas... casual atmosphere, outdoor sitting (if the weather holds up), music's a little loud and prices are real reasonable. I'm a fan of the "mug o' rita" LOL There are a lot of other restaurant/bars.

Pointe Orlando

I would suggest you make it a dinner and/or drinks arrangement which would mean to me that it be a bit earlier ... like 6:30 - 7 ish. Late comers can find us. As to the place ... be brave and take charge. Perhaps Adobe Gila would allow us some extra seats for late arrivals.

Whatever you decide is fine by me. My Mrs. and I will be available Friday evening.

If anybody would like a Signs 101 shirt and will wear it to the show, PM me with size, quantity desired and mailing address.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
can you give us a preview of the shirt design?

It's leftovers from a contest we had printed five years ago. This is the design. The only difference is that the shirts are a medium blue.

attachment.php

signgal

Another restaurant link

This is a favorite too... I thought about what Fred said about dinner. They have great food, great drink specials and it's casual and reasonably priced. They have several locations in that area and I'm sure they can accommodate a large group but I'd have to give them advanced notice.

Miller's Alehouse

I'll be getting some feedback so we can narrow it down and make arrangements.

signgal

I didn't get any feed back so I went ahead and talked to the folks at Adobe Gilas in Pointe Orlando and told them to expect a group up to 20 for the outside deck around 6:30 under the name of Teri. It's very casual... if more or less show up, not a problem. Eat, Drink and be merry.

Link to Adobe Gilas

Check out the menu and location :) I will let the folks know who responded to the poll

Dave Drane

Thank you Signgal, I did check out the link and it looks a great place to be. We'll be there with a big smile!!

signgal

Great! You'll be easy to find then! I'll be the lady clutching a mug-o-rita after a long hard week ROFL

d fleming

Really wanted to come hang out but I'm in a fishing tournament in Jax this weekend, you guys have a blast!

Attachments

• isa.jpg
    isa.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 71

Craig Sjoquist

All goes as planed I'll be there looking forward to saying howdy ya'll i'll be the one with a 1 Shot T-shirt just for kicks