• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ISO used/plugged Epson DX4 Print Heads

smalltownpaul

I'm looking for used, plugged Epson DX4 Print Heads to test my cleaning abilities on. Since I need something that I can test I'm only looking for plugged heads not fried in any other way. Also since these methods are most likely to be destructive I'm not looking to spend a lot on heads+shipping.

Thanks, Paul

strypguy

Hey Paul. I think |I have a few laying around. I can check. What are you offering for the heads? John

smalltownpaul

strypguy Thanks John, I just started on this cleaning idea over the weekend and am new to the solvent heads so I really have no idea if the used heads have any value, so feel free to counter offer if I'm out of line. I think it'll depend on quantity but I was thinking $15 ea. less than 10 pcs and about 10 ea. for 10 or more plus $25 S&H.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Many people have come up with magical head flushing systems and they almost never work as advertised. I'm curious, what's your new way of doing things? In 10 years I have never found a better way than just hooking up a syringe and flushing it manually. If that doesn't work we replace the head. All of those ultra-sonic flushing machines with valves and tubes and heavy electronics were just snake oil.

smalltownpaul

Many people have come up with magical head flushing systems and they almost never work as advertised. I'm curious, what's your new way of doing things? In 10 years I have never found a better way than just hooking up a syringe and flushing it manually. If that doesn't work we replace the head. All of those ultra-sonic flushing machines with valves and tubes and heavy electronics were just snake oil.

I totally agree VanderJ . I don't think that I've got anything new or a novel approach to cleaning heads. I'm just new to this type of printer and want to try cleaning aggressively on the chemical side. What I'll be testing is chemicals, soak time, and pressure all by hand. Mostly being new to the solvent heads I want to know the breaking point.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I totally agree VanderJ . I don't think that I've got anything new or a novel approach to cleaning heads. I'm just new to this type of printer and want to try cleaning aggressively on the chemical side. What I'll be testing is chemicals, soak time, and pressure all by hand. Mostly being new to the solvent heads I want to know the breaking point.

The worst head I ever recovered was a DX5 that sat with ink in it for 6 months. I used Goof Off and soaked it in an Altoids can because it was a perfect fit for the head to hover in the solution without getting the electronics wet. The I flushed with a syringe and more Goof Off and it came back 100%. Just don't push too hard!

smalltownpaul

The worst head I ever recovered was a DX5 that sat with ink in it for 6 months. I used Goof Off and soaked it in an Altoids can because it was a perfect fit for the head to hover in the solution without getting the electronics wet. The I flushed with a syringe and more Goof Off and it came back 100%. Just don't push too hard!

VanderJ I happened to have a bottle of Goof Off Heavy duty spot remover and degreaser at hand. I tried it on a few spills and splatters and It looks like the mix of Glycol Ethers contained in this product is quite good at breaking down and cleaning up Eco Solvent Inks.