• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue: Mimaki plotter or SignLab

Artist369

So if you look at the attached image i have a few issues with how it cut and i am not sure why. I have SignLab v9, i use a Mimaki CG 160FX. I brought in one of those boxes into the plot window and tiled it 10 up and 5 over. All of the boxes should be lined up with each other. And i have no idea what happened to the box that all of the letters are stepped down from each other. Has anyone seen this happen before? Recently i have also had the centers of smaller letters cut out of place from the letter. Not sure if the issues are related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• mishap.jpg
    mishap.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 121

bannertime

Looks like it's only happening in that row. The one to the right seems lower too. Wonder if it's having trouble tracking there. Like the pressure is off. Idk. Just making stuff up.

JR's

I am going to say it is the plotter.
Any version of sign lab should not automatically change a couple of boxes or alignment.

I've notice you're using punched vinyl. Our you using a sprocket fed plotter or friction?
My old cutter would not do this to me but my new plotter did. When I align the friction feet with the holes in the vinyl
she would skew off a little bit. Almost like what you have there. And on long script like letters they would be wavy pots that shouldn't be there.

So I am going to say plotter.