• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with 2015 sprinter channels

WhiteWrapper

Using 180v3 with primer. Rolled with heat gun and both vcat amd roller L. Both look to conform well. I appears in spots it still leaves small, almost invisible bubble. Running the hard edge of a squeegee up the bare channel I feel a small bump where there may be an imperfection in body. I've had to relief cut even though installed to spec. Has anyone else had this issue?

WhiteWrapper

Just had 2 more roll in Friday. You can visibly see paint drips in the inner channel. Customer refuses to relief cut. I highly suggest relief cutting and lamtaping 15 sprinters. Even with 480.

WhiteWrapper

Guess Noone has had experience with the paint imperfections in the channels yet. I'll give my 15 sprinter tips:

1. Mirror plug behind window switch is clutch.
2. Tuck every channel and roll/relief cut deep channels.
3. Don't remove lower plastic trim. They have one use body clips. I learned after $43 in clips on one van.
4. Integrated hood vents suck.
5. Easier to tack rear door and cut off sides and reapply after to tuck deep in outside seam (if rear door goes to corner/45).