• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with DX4 Roland VP 540i Cyan

VP540i

Hello,

this is my first post in this great community. I haven't introduced myself in an another thread but i would like try to share my failures with my Roland VP 540i.

First of all, I want to tell that we just bought the printer four weeks ago. The heads were fine, but now we wanted to start some prints but we always get a cyan fog.
Several cleanings and two head soaks (45min & 60min) doesn't helped. I noticed when attaching a syringe into cyan and black that there is a lot of air. We tried to remove the air and it worked good. But I think there is some air in the black, because we can't get more any ink out of line into syringe.

Did you think my heads (Black and Cyan) are gone?

Thank you for every help.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 283

ProPDF

Honestly it looks like you had a good head crash against your print media since both heads are almost matching in missing nozzles. Try to clean the bottom of the heads with cleaning swabs and roland clear cleaning solution. Do a medium clean and see if it changes. If no. The next step is to take cover off head carriage and force cleaning solution through those two printheads. If that does not clear it up you will need new heads. Try sign in china they are $550usd per DX4 solvent roland head not sure about conversion for you. The heads work great.

VP540i

Hello Perfect PDF,

thank you for your fast response. I will try it with the solution honestly I think I'd need to buy two new heads. Unfortunately it seems it will be the last resort.

MasterPat

Honestly it looks like you had a good head crash against your print media since both heads are almost matching in missing nozzles. Try to clean the bottom of the heads with cleaning swabs and roland clear cleaning solution. Do a medium clean and see if it changes. If no. The next step is to take cover off head carriage and force cleaning solution through those two printheads. If that does not clear it up you will need new heads. Try sign in china they are $550usd per DX4 solvent roland head not sure about conversion for you. The heads work great.
""I noticed when attaching a syringe into cyan and black that there is a lot of air""

The heads do NOT cause the air bubbles. Before you spend $1200, replace the dampers. You are supposed to replace the dampers when you replace the head anyway, so you can keep those new dampers and use them with the new heads if it comes down to that. But might as well try the cheap part first.