• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with L260

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Anyone ever seen this happen? Over the past couple weeks I have started to see this, just the first few inches of the print. This one went on for much longer....I can't tell what it is....Is part of the heater getting too hot?
This has happened on multiple materials, and doesn't happen all the time.

Edit: this site likes to ROTATE photos for some reason.....tilt your head to the left and you're seeing it properly.....the pattern appears approximately 20" in from the left edge of 54" material.

Attachments

• IMG_1682.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 214

Christian @ 2CT Media

Looks like wheel marks (The long black rollers across the platen)... what type of material is this printed on? Might be those rollers are marking the plasticizer.

eahicks

Looks like wheel marks (The long black rollers across the platen)... what type of material is this printed on? Might be those rollers are marking the plasticizer.

This material is IJ35C. I've never seen this happen untill recently. And as mentioned, it happens on banner, photo paper, IJ180v3, you name it.

eahicks

So I did pinpoint it is these pinchrollers marking the vinyl. But why? What is causing it only here? And this spot is before any ink is laid
b6817dc175c1ec1ca46ecdfb8e610bee.jpg
down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dypinc

Have you tried replacing those roller? You should have extra ones in the cleaning/lube kit that came with the printer. Or you could swap out with some on the extreme left side.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
I would also check the bottom rollers to see if they have a flat spot or something stuck to them.
The distance between the lines almost looks like one rotation of them.

dypinc

What bottom rollers?

Your right there is no bottom roller in the middle.

Look like something contaminated your rollers with plasticizer. Were you using ultraflex media at some point.

You have removed and cleaned the rollers with alcohol at some point haven't you?

Christian @ 2CT Media

So I did pinpoint it is these pinchrollers marking the vinyl. But why? What is causing it only here? And this spot is before any ink is laid
b6817dc175c1ec1ca46ecdfb8e610bee.jpg
down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the ones... I have found that they get burrs and will actually mark the top layer of material, other times (mostly) on banner it put marks in the surfacing plasticizer and will give a similar effect. Do you not have spares? if not I may have some from my 25 and 26 I can send you if I can find them.

eahicks

Your right there is no bottom roller in the middle.

Look like something contaminated your rollers with plasticizer. Were you using ultraflex media at some point.

You have removed and cleaned the rollers with alcohol at some point haven't you?

I did just wipe them all down with alcohol. No telling what got on there. And no, I haven't run Ultraflex on this machine. It won't print on ours. Tried when we first got the printer.
I'll run a few more jobs and see how it goes.
Haven't run any out-of-the-ordinary materials lately, so very weird.

neobruo

If I can help, I'll do it!
Hi:

As a technician, to solve that problem you need to dismantle the pinch rollers supports at the back of the printer and clean the lubrification oil deposited. that happens when the felts at carriage and the shaft are extra lubrificated and lead the oil to stay deposited at those pinch rollers supports.
when the printer warms to start printing, the oil stay more thin by the hot produced at drying and curing modules, and contaminats the pinch rollers and marks the media.

Give me your feedback ;-)

Split76

Hi:

As a technician, to solve that problem you need to dismantle the pinch rollers supports at the back of the printer and clean the lubrification oil deposited. that happens when the felts at carriage and the shaft are extra lubrificated and lead the oil to stay deposited at those pinch rollers supports.
when the printer warms to start printing, the oil stay more thin by the hot produced at drying and curing modules, and contaminats the pinch rollers and marks the media.

Give me your feedback ;-)

that's the truth.. been there, done that :)