• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Issue with printer installation

Dajackal

This is my first time using Mimaki jv5s and I thought about using a more familiar Rip software(Flexi 12). The issue is I cant get the insatllation right, the whole thing seem to be going fine until i need to send print, at the point it returns nothing, not even an error message. I am sure the usb port is set at the right number. help...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Thats the exact symptom when you do not have the right port selected..... Did you install the Windows drivers form Mimaki too?

AKwrapguy

Can access the printer from Flexi? Can you go in and adjust the pass's, temperature, other settings? You might just have to switch the port. Not sure if that model has an Ethernet option but try that if you can. Maybe make sure you downloaded and installed the right drivers for you specific operating system verify whether 32 bit or 64 bit.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you installed the USB driver correctly when selecting a port in Flexi, the option of, "USB_PRINTER_0" should show up when the printer is plugged in and on. If it doesn't show up, the driver is not installed and/or the machine is not plugged in or powered on.

Dajackal

If you installed the USB driver correctly when selecting a port in Flexi, the option of, "USB_PRINTER_0" should show up when the printer is plugged in and on. If it doesn't show up, the driver is not installed and/or the machine is not plugged in or powered on.
I can access the printer from the software and I did choose the "USB_PRINTER_0" I selected it with same result. Could it be a problem with the windows 8?

Dajackal

I can access the printer from the software and I did choose the "USB_PRINTER_0" I selected it with same result. Could it be a problem with the windows 8?