• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

issues cutting vinyl with flexisign and roland

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Didn't know where to post this as I don't know if this is a Flexi issue, Roland issue or Windows issue.

I have had a Roland CX-500 for about 15 years, I cut a lot of small text vinyl, precisely .68" tall, tons and tons of it.

Every so often over the last 10 years I run into this issue and I never truly have been able to solve the mystery as to what causes it.

t.jpg

I tried to scan this as best i could with the crap laser printer scanner, if you can tell, the one letter is not perfect, but rounded and chaotic.

this is the same file, every once in a while the cutter just starts cutting very crappy. sometimes it disappears for years.

I have had multiple PC's and multiple version of Flexi though the years and it has doen it on all of them, which makes me think it's the cutter, but...

The only thing that makes it go away, most of the time is by opening up a file I know that cut fine, copy and paste the text from the old file that didn't work into the new file and cut. and it works.

makes no sense to me.

hasn't happened in about 4 years but showed up again today.

anyone ever had this issue?

I've had issues very rarely where old flexi files that were usable for a long time become corrupted and cause crashes, cutting/printing issues, etc. Like you, sometimes the fix is to import the bad file into a new file. I've had files that would no longer save and crash flexi; but if I ungrouped everything first they worked fine. Sometimes resetting the text and deleting the offending text does the trick. Funny how gremlins work their way into files.

Ragnabrok

looks like it forgot the blade offset? i don't think the mainboard battery saves settings... could be a sticky bearing in the blade holder.

Msrae

Rae
I know my Roland could be pretty weird/picky about static. It would do some strange things. Just a shot in the dark, but thought it worth mentioning.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Is that "text" still text or has it been converted to outlines?
I remember as far back as CasMate there was an issue with a few of the fonts that came with the program that would cut exactly like that intermittently.
Fix was to use a newer version of the font and convert to outlines.

wayne k
guam usa

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Is that "text" still text or has it been converted to outlines?

it's been converted, happens with real fonts as well as converted.

looks like it forgot the blade offset? i don't think the mainboard battery saves settings... could be a sticky bearing in the blade holder.

I have pretty much ruled out anything hardware-wise as "the fix" usually clears it up. "the fix" makes no sense, but works 90% of the time...

I think it is time to get a summa