• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues with spots on text printed banner

Jthompson Designs

Hello everyone, I have run into an issue that I have never seen before and have no clue what is causing it, it started out of the blue today when printing a banner with just text. Any suggestion on what may be creating this? I have a Mutoh 1304; the head was changed last year.

Attachments

• Issues with text.jpg
    Issues with text.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 301

Jthompson Designs

Looks like it's in the design file... raster image rather than vector.
The pixels are printed distinctly, so I can't imagine it's much else (or a very poor RIP/resolution setting).

I have done quite a few and have always sent them the same way without issues, I will have to see if something changed. Thanks

Joe House

I can see the edge of the red is pixelated, but I think the OP is referring to the drops of ink beyond the print area.
My guess would be fibers caught on the print head are doing this. Check the bottom of the head very closely using a good flashlight.
You probably picked up some scrim fibers or stray hairs which wick away ink them drip.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jthompson Designs

Well I redesigned the banner in Affinity Designer, and it all went away, the odd thing I used the same profile to print and got much nicer red. Could have just been a fluke when it went through the RIP phase before, hard to tell. Either way, it's gone, and I'm happy I got a way nicer red. I did check the print head as well, nothing wrong there and no fabric hairs anywhere. Thanks for the quick responses.

Front Signs

Hello everyone, I have run into an issue that I have never seen before and have no clue what is causing it, it started out of the blue today when printing a banner with just text. Any suggestion on what may be creating this? I have a Mutoh 1304; the head was changed last year.
Yeah probably there's an issue with the head of the printer, just clean it and maybe it'll fix the problem.