• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question It Worth Epson S40600 For Commercial Production

Rigoav

Hello Folks

I am looking to buy a new eco-solvet ink plotter for my new print shop. I want something basic in order to produce at least 64 inch banners, with a good speed, relability and good quality.

Because of the support, access to ink, prices, and other facts that are related with the plotter's market in my coutry (El Salvador) the only two viable options are the Epson Surecolor S40600 and the Mimaki CJV150-160.

The price diference of the plotters is not a problem, but the ink's cost diference simply doesn't makes me sense.

One cartrige of 700 ml of Epson ink cost $170.00 - $0.24 ml
2000 ml of Mimaki Ink cost $160.00 - $0.08 ml

It is three time the price of ink!!!, I can asume that the Epson has better quality and the new head uses less ink, but for example in a 1 square mt using 10 ml of epson ink and 13 ml of mimaki ink the cost difference is from $2.40 on Epson to $1.04 on Mimaki. More than twice

I have printed in Epson plotters and I love the quality, I have used some german papers and the results are with true photographic quality, I don't know if that is posible in the Mimaki

I don't know if my calculations are so bad or I am talking like a fool, I have not expirience owning plotters, but the question is:

does It worth buy the Epson Surecolor S40600 with this difference of print costs?

What is the big diference between the quality of prints?

Every help is welcomem thanks

PD: Roland, Ricoh and others brands doesn't have the support that is necesary for a serius production, so in my country they aren't an option

Rigoav

Thank for the answer bannertime

Why you would pick the Epson?

I mean for me is important be competitive with price and quality, Mimamki looks like this, and I don't no if my math is wrong, but spent twice in ink doesn't look competitive. Maybe reliability, the few necesary maintenance?

Why don't take mimaki in considaration?

please help me, I am new in this world and I want to buy the best gear posible.

C

ColoPrinthead

Mimakis are good are good machines, Epson is also good. I am sure you will be happy with either one. Get some test prints done from both machines and see if quality is better on either one.

Rigoav

Thanks a lot ColoPrinthead.

I think i will buy the Mimaki, if is a good machine and the price per square area is the half, I think there is nothing to think.

I am requesting information or Roland plotters, but the salesman of this brand doesn't look interested in help new companies. At least in my country

Thanks

Rigoav

The Roland VersaExpress RF-640 has exacly the same price of the Mimaki cjv150-160 in my country, and the Ink is almost at the same price, so I think the Epson is not a option anymore.